Thread: How to configure CrystalDiskMark

How to configure CrystalDiskMark

I am having a Windows Xp computer at my home. To increase the performance of my hard drive and some external drives, i downloaded CrystalDiskMark that i found here. Well, its description is nice but i don't know how to use it. So, could you guys please make me know how to use and configure CrystalDiskMark ? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: How to configure CrystalDiskMark

CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allow you to easily evaluate the performance of your storage media. You can perform sequential testing in reading and writing, but random testing in reading and writing packets of 512 KB and 4 KB. More precisely, it will be possible to vary the number of iterations of these tests and the size of files used. CrystalDiskMark offers some skins, although one wonders what is the point, can change the look is always nice.

After the installation of CrystalDiskMark, you can set some parameters for testing: number of hits, amount of data transfer and disk test. Just go through these steps to do that:-

• Double click the icon on the desktop CrystalDiskMark.
    • Scroll Test number to select the number of times that testing will be performed in sequence, 5 for example. An average will be calculated and these 5 tests.
    • Then pull down list select size and test the amount of data to be processed for testing, 500 MB for example.
    • Then pull down the list and select Test drive the drive test. This can be a hard drive, external hard drive, memory stick or even a memory card.
    • Finally, click the All button to start the tests.
    • After a few minutes, the results are displayed.

CrystalDiskMark is software that will perform benchmark tests in reading and writing, sequential access but also random. It will also test the speed of your transfers that will define the performance of your hard drive.

Minimum performance requirements:
    1. Random 4KB reads 2.5MB/s
    2. Random 512KB writes 1.75MB/s

Higher performance requirements:
    1. Random 4KB reads 5MB/s
    2. Random 512KB writes 3MB/s

Thanks for the quick and valuable help, friends.. That is all i wanted to know. I think, i can now use this software perfectly and without making any mistakes. Anyways, i really appreciate your helps. Keep it uP !!