Thread: .PRN File Access Input

.PRN File Access Input

Hello,

I have to use a file data with the extension. PRN get. The information contained in this file are included, to serve data analysis purposes.

The first way that I have set, these PRN file via Excel to import (by then import into Access). The problem is, unfortunately, that only about 65,000 lines can be imported. The original file but contains far more information.

The exciting question now is how I get access to the PRN, if I have more than 65,000 lines Import / wants to read.

In fact import from Excel has become evident that the data fields through a line '@' are separated.

? Is there a way how to accomplish it?

Thank you in advance for the help ...

Re: . PRN File Access Input

What is it with certainty, the Excel approx. 65.000 lines in densely makes <= the only explanation for a solution, I can not offer.

Re: . PRN File Access Input

Perhaps a few additional details:
    if I PRN file in Notepad up, I see the data structure as in a conventional text.

On top of the file name is the column (data field names), then the data itself. The individual data in a row - as mentioned above - with '@' separated. How to see whether a record by CR, LF or CRLF be separated? (Using hex editor?).

Is there a tool that, after 65,000 data lines into a new worksheet in Excel inserts? Say a shard of such quantities of data Excel fairly divided?

I did it with Native Winds DataBase software, tried the PRN file input. I got the shareware version reloaded down. Obviously, the shareware not fully usable, because of the 12 existing columns he reads to me, unfortunately, only 8. . On the Import Wizard, I see in all 12 ... but then when importing Native Winds then loses 4 columns ... and a few missing data