Thread: doc impossible to open properly.

doc impossible to open properly.

Hello,

I wanted to know if there was a way to recover. Doc
    I tried with Office 2003 and 2003 and also with Open Office 1.1 and 2.0 but each time the character is unreadable.

For it is a text which I wanted very much and I find that the can not recover or even read.

Thank you in advance

Re: doc impossible to open properly.

10 Ways to Find a Lost Word Document

1. Send out a search party.
    In Windows, click Start, Search, All files and folders.
    Type what you remember of the name or simply *.doc to get all your Word documents.
    Select My Computer under Look in, and then under More advanced options, make sure Search hidden files and folders is checked.
    Then hit Search.
    2. Still no luck? Check your Recycle Bin.
    Open it up and look through whatever files you’ve got. Did you find it? If so, right-click and choose Restore. Then if you’re not sure where it actually restored to, perform a search for it.
    3. Or you can pray for AutoRecover.
    Sometimes if Word crashes or closes unexpectedly, it’ll still save what you had. Re-open Word. If a Document Recovery task pane comes up, double-click your document to open it and immediately Save As.

4. Search for AutoRecover files, yourself.
    In Word, go to Tools, then Options.
    Under the File Locations tab, double-click AutoRecover files and make a note of that path location.
    Click Cancel and Close.
    Open up that folder in My Computer or Windows Explorer and search for any .asd files. (Or another way to do this would be to run a search similar to step one but with *.asd instead of *.doc)
    5. If you have Word set to automatically back-up your documents, there’s still a chance here. Check the original folder for any .wbk file.
    In Word, click File, then Open.
    Navigate to the folder you think the file used to be located in and make sure All Files *.* is selected.
    Is there any .wbk file there? Select it and see if it’s what you’re looking for.
    6. Still no dice? Send out a *.wbk search party.
    This step is the same as the first search party step, but now search for *.wbk files. You might find a few. Open them up, one by one.
    7. Or search your temporary files.
    Again, this is like step one. But search for *.TMP files this time. You’ll come up with a lot, so change the When was it modified? to the last week or so.
    8. Or search even more of your temporary files.
    Some temporary files like to be unique. Search for those with ~*.* this time.
    9. Open up C:\Documents and Settings\*USERNAME*\Local Settings\Temp
    This is a hidden folder, so you’ll probably have to use Windows Explorer. Hit Start, then All Programs.
    Go to Accessories, then Windows Explorer. Navigate to that folder, where *USERNAME* is whatever your computer calls you. Do you see your document in that folder?

[hackcollege]

Re: doc impossible to open properly.

Recover doc file
    Recover disables restricted operations on PDF files instantly. It removes the master password and security settings with one click. If you can´t remember your password, pdf-Recover will allow to reset encrypted files - and provide without any restrictions. You cannot print a PDF file? You cannot copy&paste texts from a PDF? You cannot edit a PDF document? Then your file is protected with a "master password"! pdf-Recover will help.