Thread: USB Device Not Recognized - Samson Microphone

Exclamation USB Device Not Recognized - Samson Microphone

Hello, everyone. My name is Scooby, and I have a problem... Sounds like AA...

Okay, so... I have a Dell Dimension 3000 running Windows XP Home Edition, with all the latest driver updates.... and all the other Windows updates as well.

I am a musician, and often do home recording. A couple months ago I purchased a Samson CO1U Studio Condensor USB Microphone, and it worked fine. Like a charm. About a month ago, it just suddenly stopped working, out of nowhere. When I connect the mic to the computer I get an error message reading "USB Device Not Recognized".

I've tried everything, from a new USB port, to a new USB chord. I've called support for both Windows and Samson and none of them know what to tell me. I've completely reinstalled all drivers on my computer. I've even tried the mic on a different computer entirely. Nothing.

The only thing that I can think of, is that it's the microphone itself. It makes no sense for it to be the computer, see as no software nor driver was required previously to use the mic.

I was wondering if you guys could be of any help at all...
    Maybe I'm missing something?

I really don't want to fork out the cash to buy a new highend mic.
    I'm not made of money, like I sometimes like to imagine I am.

Thanks in advance!
    -Scooby

Re: USB Device Not Recognized - Samson Microphone

Try to connect the Samson Microphone in some other computer with installing the drivers for it and see if it is the microphone which is not dead already

Re: USB Device Not Recognized - Samson Microphone

Quote Originally Posted by unidentified View Post
    Try to connect the Samson Microphone in some other computer with installing the drivers for it and see if it is the microphone which is not dead already

I've already tried this, several times, on multiple computers, including with Vista.

I don't know what could be wrong if it is the mic, because nothing happened to it... No power surges, no drops, no water damage... not a thing. The microphone does get power and everything, because the little yellow light comes on when I plug it in.