Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to repair corrupt JPG files ?

"Image Headers Corrupted" - Can I fix this??

I hate Microsoft and Windows - even Windows 7. I'm about to throw in the towel and go MAC.

Halfway through downloading pics off my Nikon DSLR camera on to my PC, Windows 7 crashes for no reason. Lost about 25 pics altogether - no idea where they went and about 20 that did download are now corrupt.

The pictures show no image preview in Windows Explorer and and when I try to open using Windows Photo Viewer, I get the error. "Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because the file appears to be damaged, corrupted, or is too large." I can't open using any other windows or other picture viewers.

Tried a Trial Version of "JPEG Recovery Pro" and the "JPEG Recovery Pro 5" program wouldn't recognize the file and when I tried the "JPEG Recovery Editor 5" program, I got error 0004 "Image Headers Corrupted."

Is there any way to fix this?

Re: How to repair corrupt JPG files ?

Use this program attached to this post.

Re: "Image Headers Corrupted" - Can I fix this??

Quote Originally Posted by CJAggieDad95 View Post
    I hate Microsoft and Windows - even Windows 7. I'm about to throw in the towel and go MAC.

Halfway through downloading pics off my Nikon DSLR camera on to my PC, Windows 7 crashes for no reason. Lost about 25 pics altogether - no idea where they went and about 20 that did download are now corrupt. Bill Gates can suck-it.

There's always a reason. In the last 5 years of using Windows XP and Windows 7, I've not had one corrupt file transfer in over 20,000 image files. I am a photographer so that number is not exaggerated.

"beefyson" - Your reply is not helpful. Doesn't change what happened...
    Last edited by FReakMaster; 07-02-2012 at 07:49 AM. Reason: reference previous post

Quote Originally Posted by CJAggieDad95 View Post
    "beefyson" - Your reply is not helpful. Doesn't change what happened...
    I think that each image viewer has its own threshold of tolerance where corrupted headers are concerned, and some will open images that others wont open at all. What you might do is download a few different image viewers to see if you can find one that will open the file. Most image viewers have a save as function, so if you find one that will open the file.

hi, I hope you can finally give me a solution, I was trying to back info of my disc in computer: D, I wanted to save it to a external hard disc: N, while doing this I was using a program called macrium reflect, it sucked, the thing erased my whole external hard disc: N and started writing over, I cancelled the operation but it was too late, all my family photos and videos includin trips were lost! I used a lot of recovering programs: file scavenger, recuva, photo rescue pro, and the one that was more useful was recuva, it recovered some photos but they have a gray stripe also I was available to recover a lot of photos with file scavenger but I cant even see them in windows photo viewer,it says it hasnt that kind of archive data, Basically I have the archives but cant see them,I tried doing the paint shop pro 8 thing but just wouldnt happen, did the same with acdsee pro but it was even more unuseful also tried JPEG recover that saved me about 50 photos, but I still need my other 2000! please, pleaseee can someone help me?
    Last edited by josh87; 04-04-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Are you using a regular external drive or it is a ssd. It is possible to recover data from a regular hard drive until low level formatting is not done on it. There are tools which can help you to do the same. The only thing when your data will not appear if the drive is corrupted. Stellar Data recovery offers a tool called Phoenix Photo Recovery. This tool helps to search media files and recover them. Try this out.

Quote Originally Posted by windowsman View Post
    Use this program attached to this post.
    Where is the attached file?

question Re: How to repair corrupt JPG files ?

I am having same problem as everyone else. I think I'm going to try Allen's Remo recovery suggestion, but I was wondering one other thing. If a jpg is corrupted, does it slow down an entire drive, or is it prone to slowing down other stuff? (photos are on a flash drive). And if corrupted pix are restored (hopefully), does that eliminate problem of file slow-down? Where is this Remo tool? I'm really fed up with waiting 30 minutes for file folder to open. These are family photos that I can't replace, and some pix of trip overseas that are also valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by vistadude View Post
    I am having same problem as everyone else. I think I'm going to try Allen's Remo recovery suggestion, but I was wondering one other thing. If a jpg is corrupted, does it slow down an entire drive, or is it prone to slowing down other stuff? (photos are on a flash drive). And if corrupted pix are restored (hopefully), does that eliminate problem of file slow-down? Where is this Remo tool? I'm really fed up with waiting 30 minutes for file folder to open. These are family photos that I can't replace, and some pix of trip overseas that are also valuable.
    Well, if you are trying to open the corrupted jpg files, then only this file will take some immense time for opening and not other folders or any other files. You can however, try to download free jpg file repairer that are available on the net. Install it and then try to recover the image files by using the tools and if you are lucky then perhaps the file will be restored.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12