Thread: IC445C Webcam Problems

IC445C Webcam Problems

Hi, I'm using a Micro Innovations I445C Webcam and I've been having problems with it lately. After I plug in the camera, my outbound sound becomes distorded, causing problems on software such as Skype and Ventrilo.
    Figuring that I could reinstall the thing, I uninstalled it. Here's my problem:

I don't have the installation CD and the drivers and installation I dowloaded from Micro Innovations aren'r working. I tried installing the drivers with and without the webcam connected and I get the same error regardless, saying that the webcam cannot be detected. When I insert the webcam into the USB drive and look at my hardware list, there's a yellow exclamation explaining the device cannot be recognized. When I attempt to install the software from the webcam, my computer tells me it can't find the software.

Is my problem fixable? Please help.

http://members.driverguide.com/drive...iverid=1006906

Driver Guide claims this driver works with all versions of windows. Let me know if it does work for you .

Hi,

Disconnect the webcam, uninstall the drivers. Then again connect the webcam and reinstall the drivers from this site - http://drivers.microinv.com/

Hope it helps you !!!

Re: IC445C Webcam Problems

I tried uninstalling everything and reconnecting the camera, then installing that driver package I found on the site you suggested(the official micro innovations site). Unfortunately my computer still does not recognize the camera at all.

When I plug it in, I get the hardware connected, but unable to recognize sound from my computer, and the blue light on my camera lights up telling me it has a power source. I've tried every single USB port on my computer and nothing will recognize it. Every other USB device connected works properly.

When I run the software that the driver installs, it gives me this error:

"Sorry, you have no video capture software."

Any ideas? The camera wasn't damaged in any way nor was it really moved. It just suddenly stopped functioning correctly and since I uninstalled it I can't get the thing to work at all.

The camera is brand new(less than 2 months old), no obvious damage to it and the serial number is 73801623.

Thanks again to anyone trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    For Identifying unknown devices you can use Unknown Device Identifier.

Unknown Device Identifier enables you to identify the yellow question mark labeled Unknown Devices in Device Manager. And reports you a detailed summary for the manufacturer name, OEM name, device type, device model and even the exact name of the unknown devices. With the collected information, you might contact your hardware manufacturer for support or search the Internet for the corresponding driver with a simple click. With this utility, you might immediately convert your unidentified unknown devices into identified known devices and find proper driver on the Internet and contact the hardware device manufacturer or vender. Known devices recognized by Microsoft Windows will also be analyzed independent of the operating system.

Features
    1. - Identify USB 1.1/2.0 Device
    2. - Identify IEEE 1394 Device
    3. - Identify ISA Plug&Play Device
    4. - Identify AGP Bus Device
    5. - Identify PCI, PCI-E Device
    6. - Multilingual interface: English, French
    7. - Find Drivers for Hardware Devices
    8. - Contact Hardware Vender directly
    9. - Save or Print Hardware information

SCREENSHOT

here is the download link.
    I tried using this software to identify my camera but when I ran it I got an error and no devices will show...

Yogesh Guest

The Webcam is only two months old! So you should get proper support from Micro Innovations Corp. regarding this issue. The fact that other USB devices are detected properly indicates that there is no problem with your USB hub, but with the webcam itself. If you cant install the official drivers than this is a weird problem and webcam seems to be problematic.

Get support from Micro Innovations directly here Micro Innovations Technical Support. Describe your problem there and particularly the age of the device. They should provide a proper solution and if not possible, you can ask for the replacement.