Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Subtitles on DivX movies

Windows Software

Old 17-10-2008

Subtitles on DivX movies

I am having some DivX movies with me. I am running Windows XP on my computer. I want subtitles to be displayed on each movies. Is it possible to insert the subtitles on such movies? How? Is there any software or something that will do my purpose? Please help me.

Old 17-10-2008

Hello kraal

Can you explain me what is subtitle? I am completely unaware of this thing.
Old 17-10-2008

What is subtitle and How to play DivX movie using it

What is subtitle?

A subtitle is the text at the bottom of the screen in a movie. The purpose of a subtitle is usually to translate the movie dialogue from a language the viewer doesn't understand to one they do. Subtitles can also be helpful for people who for some reason have trouble following the dialogue in a movie.

@kraal

To watch DivX movies with subtitles you first need to install a DirectShow filter for Windows Media Player which is called DirectVobSub.

Once installed, Windows Media Player should be able to show subtitles in DivX movies. However, you will also need to download a separate subtitle file before you get subtitles in a movie. Once you've downloaded a subtitle for a movie you simply place it in the same folder as the DivX movie you want to watch. Then you have to make sure the filename of the movie and subtitle is the same. Otherwise you will have to rename the subtitle file, so the player understands that they are associated. Also make sure that the subtitle file has the ".sub" or ".srt" file-extension. Finally, you play the movie and hopefully you have subtitles in it.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,