Thread: Intel Alert Service has stopped working and closed

Intel Alert Service has stopped working and closed

This started recently and I have no idea why because at the time it started I hadn't installed anything or made any changes.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium. Every time I boot I get a pop up that states Intel Alert Service has stopped working and shut down.

I went to Add/Remove, clicked on the Intel Viiv and selected to change. But it isn't solving the problem. I have downloaded the Intel Viiv 1.7 but don't know if I should install it or not since it's not working to start with. Can anyone help, please?

Go to program features(add remove progs) click on intel viiv software,click on repair at the top of the list. let it repair, it will be fixed.

Sounds like some sort of Intel program - processor monitor, automatic updater, or ??? so find it, uninstall it, then contact Intel for an updated version.

See this comment at the bottom (quoted below) of the following web page:

http://help.wugnet.com/vista/Intel-a...pict49167.html

I had the same problem with my new Dell Vista system. I happened to be looking at Dell's driver update site at http://support.dell.com. I noticed an update for Intel Viiv 1.6. I downloaded the update, R142229.EXE, and used it to "repair" Intel's Viiv program. After that I no longer got the message "Intel Alert Service has stopped working."

Intel Alert Service is associated with Intel Viiv.

Going to add/remove and doing a repair didn't work for me.

However, I did go to the Dell site after writing this post and found the Intel Viiv 1.6 update. I downloaded and installed that, then restarted and no more warnings. Then I went back to Dell and also downloaded the Intel Viiv 1.7, installed and restarted. Things seem to be ok now.

Thanks for everyone's help and comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikilet View Post
    Going to add/remove and doing a repair didn't work for me.

However, I did go to the Dell site after writing this post and found the Intel Viiv 1.6 update. I downloaded and installed that, then restarted and no more warnings. Then I went back to Dell and also downloaded the Intel Viiv 1.7, installed and restarted. Things seem to be ok now.

Thanks for everyone's help and comments.
    Glad that your problem is solved. Do come back again if you still get that problem. We are always here to help you.

Cheers