Thread: exclude system & hidden directories

exclude system & hidden directories

I want to exclude Recycler and System Volume Information (and all other system and hidden directories) from backup. I use the /XA:sh, but they are not excluded. Why not? What am I doing wrong/?

What are you using for backup? I use BackUp Maker through which I can carry out this task of excluding unwanted directories in backup.

Which version of Backup Maker are you using?
    In the current version (5.4) it is possible to use two different mechanisms to define the set of files and directories that belong to a backup job:
    1. The tree-view selection for directories or explicit selection of files (first step of the wizard)
    2. The filtering options (second step of the wizard), where you can define rules for including and/or excluding files from your previous selection

The first one allows you to select directories including subdirectories (recursively) by checking them. If you open a directory (by clicking on the +), you may also deselect certain subdirectories that you don't want to back up.
    In the letter one, you can define filters for directories by either entering a filter manually (e.g. actually typing a path or path-pattern you want to exclude) or using a tree-selection again.

Get it here - BackupMaker