As you may know one of the innovations of Microsoft Windows Vista is ReadyBoost technology, which enables the system to accelerate certain processes as the beginning of this, the response in states of hibernation and running applications, this by using access devices nearly instant as the Pendrive based on Flash memories, however, this technology is exclusive to Windows Vista.
It is for this that a team of the Russian's MDO (Moscow Development Office) are working on an alternative that will allow Windows XP users can use a technology very similar to ReadyBoost in Vista, this technology is known as eBoostr, which is currently in beta stage of development, as we said this technology will use an external device in order to accelerate access to the files that Windows XP creates a cache on your hard drive. According to the source the main characteristics of this technology would be:
- Vista's ReadyBoost benefits on your Windows XP machine
- Smart caches frequently used applications and files for maximum performance speed up - Smart caches frequently used applications and files for maximum performance speed up
- Supports both USB and non-USB removable media devices, as well as additional hard disks - Supports both USB and non-removable USB devices half, as well as additional hard disks
- Allows up to 4 devices for simultaneous smart caching - Allows up to 4 devices for simultaneous smart caching
- Compatible with all ReadyBoost ready devices - Compatible with all ReadyBoost ready devices
Here the download link - EBoostr