Thread: Questions about excel !!

Questions about excel !!

1. Can I change the default folder to open it using Excel files?
    2. To open a file in an Excel spreadsheet from a different program, How to save the file to read it another program?
    3. There is the option to save the workbook or the workspace, what's the difference?
    5. What is the quickest way to close all open files in Excel without having to shut down the program?

What is the quickest way to close all open files in Excel without having to shut down the program?

Paragraphs: the keys with ctrl + F4 close the open files in Excel as in Word

Thank you so much again!

Re: Questions about excel !!

Ok I'm new at this site and my question is as follows ... How do I make a "cell" box to place a symbol (meaning using the letter "a" on Webdings Font") when another "cell" reads what I need it to be? ... yes confusing I know LOL ... ok let me show ya ...

G5 has a combo box to where you can tell it to be o", 2", 2 1/2", 3", 4", 5", 6" etc ... and I want cell P17 to automatically place a symbol when in cell G5 reads ONLY 2", 2 1/2" OR 3" but not the rest since on cell P23 [=IF(L23=G5,G5=2,"")] "as an example" I have it to where it ONLY reads 6" when I chose from G5 drop down combo box and places a symbol when it reads ONLY 6" ... can anyone help me?

You confused me a lot.

The only thing I understood was that you want a cell to display symbols based on the result of another cell automatically! Is that correct? If not then do correct me. Did you tried any of the formulas? Why don't you try to do some kind of VB coding?

Ok sorry for confusing you lol ... ok ... what I ment was ... is there a way to make a Check Box to automatically bind with a cell box? for instance ... On H5 I set a thickness of a metal panel to read from 2" up to 12" ... on a separate sheet I have different screws that would work on different thickness of panels ... for instance on a 2" panel we use 3" screws ... on 3" panels we use 4" screws ... etc etc ... I want to set a check box on the right side of the name of each screw and for it to bind with cell G5 ... for example ... on the screw sheet A1 is 3" screw ... on A2 is 4" screw ... on A3 is 5" screw etc etc ... each one of those screws have a check box on the right side ... I want that check box to bind with my cell H5 and for it to check on it's own only if the screw belongs to the thickness of the panel ... yes I'm very complicated sorry lol ... I could send you an email of what I'm talking about if you want with an example excel sheet if you still don't get what I'm trying to say, thanks.