Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need multimedia audio controller driver

need multimedia audio controller driver

I have a sound card which i dont know is onboard ( im not that great at hardware installing).

It says that the multimedia audio controller's drivers are not installed.

Im running Windows XP home
    I have a Gigabyte Motherboard with a AMD Sempron 64-Bit Processor 3300+

The error message given is:
    The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.
    And when i click reinstall driver it says that it cannot find the available driver.

If anyone wants anymore information i can give it if you tell me how to get it

need more informatation, model of ASRock, if you don't know get Belarc copy and paste the report http://www.davesdrivers.com/everest

Hope this helps

Most of the boards have Realtek AC'97 audio, so go here to Realtek http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

download the driver & install it.

multimedica audio controller

Some users of Windows Vista may have sound problems, along with an unknown hardware item in the Device Manager called "Multimedia Audio Controller". This means that you do not have Vista compatible drivers for you sound card, causing audio problems.

Solving this problem should be easy, assuming you know which sound card you have or have the driver disk.
    If you have a driver CD that came with your computer or sound card when you bought it, insert this to install the latest drivers.
    If you no longer have the CD, or the drivers are too old you will need to download the latest sound card software from the manufacturers website.
    --------------------------------------------------
    reetha

Its agreeable that if the drivers we have are too old, then there is less chance that those will run properly with Vista, so we will need to download the required latest drivers from the manufactures website. But many times I've seen that most of the manufacturers website does not contain latest drivers for download or the websites are confusing to find the drivers section. Is there any such site where all the drivers download is possible.

Issues related to Multimedia Audio controller

Hello Everyone,

I don't seem to have sound on my computer. That is, from the speakers anyway, My computer, the actual PC, makes a beeping noise once in a while when I start up.
    recently, I upgraded my OS to WinXP, everything seems fine except I don't have any sound. When I checked the device manager, under Other Devices, Multimedia Audio Controller had a big yellow question mark in front of it.

What is that problem?please help....

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Re: Issues related to Multimedia Audio controller

Hi,

I also face the same problem with my Multimedia audio controller,It was also showing me the same yellow question mark when I checked the device manager, under Other Devices.
    You will get the topic discussion in the following thread link, just have a look at it.
    http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x...ort/889466.htm
    http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x...ort/894451.htm

Hope this solve your problem.

Re: Issues related to Multimedia Audio controller

I also tried to uninstall it in safe mode, and then restart it normally, it didn't work. When I got back on, I tried to reinstall it, but the computer couldn't find the software for the controller.
    So...help?

Multimedia audio controller software disappeared

I have the problem in the PC when i turned SoundMax which had to be my audio controller since I can not read music with Windows Media Player or other software.
    I started my pc it launched Installing new hardware for "Multimedia Audio Controller"

Re: Multimedia audio controller software disappeared

you should reinstall the drivers you need to find on CD

Dr. V Guest

Re: Multimedia audio controller software disappeared

"Multimedia Audio Controller" and your SoundBlaster Audigy SE card are the same thing, but because no driver is installed for it Windows simply refers to it by it's generic device type. The driver tells Windows what make & model it is.

When you install the driver, the "Multimedia Audio Controller" item in Device Manager will automatically change to "Creative SoundBlaster Audigy SE" and without the question mark.

It's driver for Vista & XP is here: http://support.creative.com/Products...=Sound+Blaster

Multimedia audio controller driver

Hello people,

I have a small problem with my computer

It has an unknown device, and this is a multimedia audio controller

This is apparently no driver installed can anyone help me with this?

please help

already thanks

Re: Multimedia audio controller driver

Then you can try this one. Try also with drivers altid specify what windows you work. This is useful so that we can better target search for the right driver. In this case, it is for all versions to XP

http://www.opendrivers.com/freedownl...-download.html

Re: Multimedia audio controller driver

This problem is usually characterized by a lack of its Windows and an icon with a yellow exclamation point in Device Manager panel.

The system can also sometimes one of the following errors:

"DirectSound output V2.2.6 error"
    Bad direct sound driver, please install propers driver or select another device in configuration.
    Error code: 88780078
    Or
    No mixer device is available
    No audio device is installed

To remedy this, simply reinstall the drivers for the audio device. The easiest way is to go to this link and download the drivers available.

If you do not know the exact model of the sound card, you can use the software Everest (formerly AIDA32) to provide all the features: About my equipment

If no sound card is recognized, check:
    - The sound card is pressed
    - If it is an integrated sound card, it is enabled in the BIOS (usually "AC 97 Audio Controller" to "Enable")

Once the device name known audio (sound card), it is sufficient to recover the corresponding driver, otherwise it is possible to do an automatic search for drivers. It is also possible to do so by updating XP to see if it recognizes the device. Last track: Go to the site of the manufacturer to get the latest drivers.

Finally, reinstall the latest version of DirectX!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast