Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need multimedia audio controller driver

Re: Multimedia audio controller driver

Watch LATEST TECH NEWS AND TIPS to enhance your computer skills.

Knowledge is universal and must be shared by all, exchanges enrich us

ohmy Problems with Multimedia Audio Controller

Hey Everyone,

Recently i have upgraded my operating system to Windows Xp. Everything is working fine, but i can not get any sound from my pc. When i boot up my system it makes beeping noise, when i checked the device manager, under Other Devices, Multimedia Audio Controller had a big yellow question mark in front of it. I tried to uninstall it in safe mode and tried to restart it normally, but my pc couldn't find the software for the Audio Controller. Does any body knows what exactly is the problem with my pc? Can any body provide me the solution for the above issue? Any help on it would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Problems with Multimedia Audio Controller

Try all of the following one by one and check each time:

1) In device manager where you see the yellow question mark, DELETE the device, shut down and restart you computer and see if windows tell you that you have new hardware and let windows install it. You may need the drivers if windows does not find suitable drivers. you should have the drivers that came in with your hardware.

2) Double click on the speakers icon at the bottom right hand corner of your screen and check to see if any of the sound controls is checked as mute.

3) Go to system properties in the control panel, click on the system restore tab and see if it checked to be turned off and if it is remove the check mark and do system restore at least one day before your friend did his. Windows Xp allows you to do system restore from several days before.

You might just have to assign drive letters to these partitions. Right click "my computer" & choose "manage". Go to "disk management"

You should get a graphical representation of your hard disk and any partitions on it. If any don't have a letter, just right click them and assign drive letter.

Please read carefully and make sure you followed the warning links before initiating the Repair Install. You can print a text version for reference. repair.txt

1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.

2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below:-

• This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:
    • To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
    • To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
    • To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
    • To Repair Install, press ENTER
    • To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".

4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, END setup. After the reboot read Warning#2!

6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Multimedia audio controller driver?

Hi. I was wondering where I could download the driver for this program. There are no previous drivers installed.
    Help?

Divyesh-tech Guest

Re: Multimedia audio controller driver?

Quote Originally Posted by game_junky94 View Post
    Hi. I was wondering where I could download the driver for this program. There are no previous drivers installed.
    Help?
    Well You can download here You have to register, but it is free.

Good luck!

Tylon Foxx Guest

if you don't have a custom-built PC, you can get it on the website of the company who made it (eg. dell.com).

If it's built into the motherboard, you need to know the name and model of the motherboard, then you can download it from the motherboard manufacturer.

Last, but not least, if it's a sound card on an expansion card, het it from the manufacturer of the sound card.

You can check motherboard manufacturer website or your driver cd to get Multimedia audio controller driver else see this need multimedia audio controller driver

It is Difficult to Get the Drivers just by stating Multimedia audio controller driver, you have findout the name of motherboard or sound card, in order to download the drivers for it

check out this Thread for the Offical Links of Motherboard Manufacturer
    Offical Links of Motherboard Manufacturer ,

Post Re: Multimedia audio controller driver?

I'm not sure what you need but here:
    Operating System
    Windows Vista Home Basic (build 6000)
    Install Language: English (United States)
    System Locale: English (United States)

System Model
    Gateway E-4000 4000783

Board: Intel Corporation D845GRG AAA81583-202
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: Intel Corp. RG84510A.15A.0009.P03.0204300808 04/30/2002

Someone else customized this computer, by the way. Its not original.

Download your sound driver here : Download

Yeah...!!! you can definately download the drivers for Multimedia Audio Controller... There are many downloadable links you can find for your drivers. Some download links are already mentioned here by other members. You can download drivers from one of them and check....

sad Re: need multimedia audio controller driver

Hello, im new to this,

My multimedia audio controller driver has also disappeared. I have tried downloading the AC'97 driver but each time it gets to approx 96% of the installation my system blue screens. I don't know why. I have cleaned my machine of all virus and spyware and tried to reinstalled but still crashing. Can anyone help me please?

My computer spec is:

Windows XP Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3
    Intel (R)
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.8GHz
    2.79GHz, 3.00 GB of Ram

Is that all the information required? I would greatly appreciate some assistance.
    Thanks

Andrew949 Guest

ThumbsUp Re: need multimedia audio controller driver

Hey guys,

I just recently reinstalled my Windows and found no sound! I found a quick and easy solution at

I searched forums for advice and contacted a representative with still no luck! Until I found a quick fix.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12