Thread: Microsoft Word 2003 lost password

Microsoft Word 2003 lost password

I have an old Word doc that I desperately need data from. Does anyone know how to remove or crack the password ? I've tried some of those programs that use a brute force attack and I've NEVER been successful with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi bantau

I don't think there is any way to recover from this situation. There are no such software's available that can crack the password of MS Office.

Yogesh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkhon View Post
    I don't think there is any way to recover from this situation. There are no such software's available that can crack the password of MS Office.
    You are wrong! As whenever there is a provision for creating password and protecting things through it, there are always the provisions made to recover or crack those passwords. Though, the latter are not usually ethical.

Regarding your concern bantau, I have found this software which is meant for recovery of MS Word password. See if it helps you recover password and ultimately your data.

Atomic Word Password Recovery 1.50

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Yogesh A View Post
    You are wrong! As whenever there is a provision for creating password and protecting things through it, there are always the provisions made to recover or crack those passwords. Though, the latter are not usually ethical.
    He is right. If you search for Password recovery, you will get thousands of option. But normally, most of them are paid versions and most of free are non-effective

I found one more for you. Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery agent. Its a trial version. Unregistered (trial) version can be used during 30 days after installation (although it doesn't expire, actually) and has some limitations.

Thanks guys. I'll try these out and let you know if they worked.

Re: Microsoft Word 2003 lost password

Quote Originally Posted by bantau View Post
    I have an old Word doc that I desperately need data from. Does anyone know how to remove or crack the password ? I've tried some of those programs that use a brute force attack and I've NEVER been successful with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Here is a smart password recovery tool at http://www.passwordunlocker.com/products/opu.html. Office Password Unlocker can recover the password to open and password to edit, so that you can feel free to have access to ms documents

I just googled it, really there are many tools that recover lost passwords for Microsoft Word, it's just useful, if you find one really works, please let me know. Thanks! =P
    Wanna be a tech-support guy!

Aviva Guest

so you lost your word 2003 password, take it easy ,This article give your some simple ways that you can use to sidestep the password protection on your Word 2003 file, now follow these methods to unlock Word 2003 document.
    Last edited by Kunal; 25-01-2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed

I am always using Password Recovery Bundle which is a product developed by Top Password Software, Inc. It can also recover word document password. I ever searched on google and can't find any freeware. Most of them are not free.