Thread: Error code when opening IE, Safari, Mozilla

Error code when opening IE, Safari, Mozilla

It just started happening. Not always, but usually when I click a link to open a web browser, it does open it but it gives me this error code, "The instruction at "0x13d02d3f" could not read "0x00000000". The memory could not "read". Does anyone know what this means and how to correct it?

Hi Tominfl,
    I was getting the similar error "0x13d02d3f" (but not "0x00000000") and it was not for internet browser but for some other application. I had done some settings in control panel which solved my problem. But it was long back and I dont remember it properly now. I'll post it ASAP. I am recalling it

"0x13d02d3f"

Yes, that will be appreciated.
    Thanks

I got it. I was getting a 0x13d02d3f referring to MEM_BAD_POINTER error. I followed this procedure to get rid of this error :-
    1. Go into the Control Panel on Windows XP
      (Depending on your chosen Start menu style, you could go to Start -> Control Panel, or Start -> Settings -> Control Panel)

2. Open Regional and Language Options
      (Depending on the type of view you have of the Control Panel, you first might have to go to Date, Time, Language and Regional Options)

3. In the Standards and formats section of the Regional options tab, select English (United States)

4. Go to the Languages tab

5. In the Supplemental language support section, uncheck both check boxes (Install files for complex script and right to left languages and Install files for East Asian languages)

6. Click OK

7. Restart the computer and then open the web browser to check if the error persists.

Hope this helps you

I did have those

I did have those settings that you offered. No changes. The problem seems to be limited or mostly with the Safari browser. So, I've gone back to Mozilla and all seems to be OK now. I wish these PC's were not so complicated!
    Thanks for all your effort for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tominfl View Post
    The problem seems to be limited or mostly with the Safari browser. So, I've gone back to Mozilla and all seems to be OK now.
    You earlier said that the problem was for all the web browsers. But I wondered how in Mozilla. I have been using Mozilla since its introduction and never faced such a problem or never heard from anyone else. Its better that you switched to Firefox now. Safari and IE do come up with different problems frequently. Firefox is the best solution for many of the browsers issue. Even Opera is good enough

Even i feel the same Raine i have never faced such a problem using Firefox browser!

Mozilla still seem to be doing fine.
    Sorry for the misleading report.
    Thanks

Well thats not a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Tominfl View Post
    Mozilla still seem to be doing fine.
    Sorry for the misleading report.
    Thanks
    Nevermind friend, thats not a problem.
    Till Mozilla is running good, everythings good