Thread: How to convert avi files to wmv files

How to convert avi files to wmv files

Hi,,,

I have some video clips downloaded from Youtube and as usual they are in.avi format. I need to convert them due some reason in .wmv format.

Could you guys please make me know how can i do that easily ? I would prefer to have it done with any free utility, if possible. Please help.

Re: How to convert avi files to wmv files

The best application for converting .avi files to .mwv files is Prism video converter. It's a freeware software to convert multiple kinds of video files.Prism converts avi, mpg, vob, asf, wmv, mp4 and all video formats that have a DirectShow based codec. In fact, if you can play the video file using Windows Media Player, you can convert it using Prism.

Once installed on your system just click plus symbol for "add file" on the upper left corner of the application and open the AVI file you want to convert.On the left bottom corner is written "output format". Choose WMV to convert your file into a WMV file. Thats it.. Prism is one of the most stable and comprehensive multi format video converters available, is very easy to use and is completely free.

You can also try OJOsoft Total Video Converter that is a perfect AVI WMV converter that can convert AVI files to WMV. Its conversion speed is above the average. With an easy-to-use interface, it makes AVI to WMV conversion routine so simple as 1-2-3. After a short conversion process you can enjoy your WMV video file made from an AVI file on your computer.

OJOsoft Total Video Converter can not only convert AVI to WMV, but also convert AVI to other popular video formats like MPEG, 3GP, MP4, etc. On the other hand, It also can convert to WMV video from most popular video fromats, such as MKV, MPEG, MP4, MPG, etc.

Download OJOsoft Total Video Converter

Many times we need to convert some files from one format to another, depending on our interest. Here some more post that can help out for sure in converting audio video format:-

To convert a .wmv into .avi
    Convert avi file to ipod format
    How to Convert .Mod and .Tod video format to AVI/MPG/WMV/MPEG
    Convert wmv file to FLV file
    To convert a .wmv into .avi

nichhit25 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karan_star View Post
    Many times we need to convert some files from one format to another, depending on our interest. Here some more post that can help out for sure in converting audio video format:-
    I usu. use pavtube video converter, and it works well for me. U can try about it. of course, you can also google for more converters as U like, and compare them with each other to see which one is the best to meet your requirement.Hope this helps.