Thread: Vista 2nd user bug?

Vista 2nd user bug?

I have Vista Premium on an almost new HP computer.

I have created 2 user accounts - one for myself (with admin rights) and one user account. Whoever logs on second, (whether myself or the user), has a partially dysfunctional experience, at least in IE: windows won't open, links don't work, some pages load partially, etc. The first logged-on person continues to have no problems. If the first logs off, the second still has problems. The only way to fix is to reboot and be the first to log on.

This behavior began after SP1 was installed.

Q on rollback - if I did a restore, does the computer use all saved data files (eg favorites, music, etc.) since the restore point was created? Other files? Could I uninstall SP1 separatly (ie, not a system restore)?

Thx

cb

You may want to restart the computer in safe mode with networking available.
    To do this, restart the computer, and before windows begins to boot, press F8 to open the boot menu. Select "Safe mode with Networking", and log in with an administrator aaccount. From here, you can try to create another user account, with administrator or standard user modes enabled. Once created, restart the computer in normal mode, and log in to the account you just created. The problem should be solved. If you still experience the problem, you may need to re-install the operating system, since it may have been corrupted.

I hope this helps, and good luck.