You can Using Add-in A-Tools
To share Excel data files for multiple users on the network, Excel ‘s way is only share full folder that contains an Excel files. In this way, the computers in your network can access the copy and even completely remove this data file. The owner of this Excel files can only share all sheets in workbook (file) the whole it is difficult to hide the sheets or prevent others from seeing data. Other requirements as allow users access to the data but has the rights: read only, edit, limit how many people are connected ,.... Excel can not do it.
A-Tools is an add-in run in Microsoft Excel environment. A-Tools has the following functions:
- Create & Manage Server (Excel Server)
- Create ranges in worksheet for sharing on the network
- Build Groups and Users to access/connect to
- Setup rights for groups
- Manage list of users connected
- Connect to the Excel range to read/edit/format
- Functions support for editing and updating data on server
- Management Excel reports on the network (LAN), support commands: Check; Approve; Dis-Approve. Under each command the user is not allowed to copy data, printing, modify report.
- Query data on worksheet
- Connect to the external database: Excel, Access, MySQL, Firebird,…
- Create dynamic report
- Build query formula BS_SQL() by “SQL Builder”
- Create function for Function BS_SQL()
- Query and linking data to Server by BS_SQL() function
A-Tools running on versions of Excel 2000/XP/2003/2007/2010.