Thread: svchost.exe Application Error

svchost.exe Application Error

I deleted Ad-Aware off of my computer and it told me to reboot. Once I restarted the computer it came up with a svchost.exe - Application Error.

It states,

The instruction at "0x007a01c0" referenced memory at "0x007a01c0". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program

I can't even log online on that computer to attempt to resolve it the way most people have suggested with similar types of errors.

I have cable internet, I do not use a router nor am I wireless. It is an HP laptop from 2004 (my new computer doesn't arrive for 2 weeks). I'm running Windows XP.

Please someone let me know what I can do to fix this. I'm not quite sure what the error is from, only speculation I have is once I deleted the Ad-Aware, whatever files that we only quarantined may have been released and now are corrupting my computer.

Suggestions?

Here are few solutions for your query. I think you should search for the solution in the site for more results. Basically the problem is due to a corrupted Windows Update in Windows XP.
    svchost.exe application error xp sp3
    svchost.exe application error -> RPC shutdown
    svchost.exe application error (different memory write error)

Can you tel us some more information about your system? & operating System?
    Do you have norton antivirus installed?

No, I don't have Norton. I used to have Zone Alarm. I deleted Zone Alarm and Ad Aware to make way for McAfee which is free from Charter. But after I deleted both programs it just started acting weird. The biggest problem is I can't get online. I also can't open up files on my computer. It's so strange.

I'm contemplating taking it to a computer store but I want to avoid as many costs as possible since I am.... in fact.... a broke college student.

I can't even log online on that computer to attempt to resolve it the way most people have suggested with similar types of errors----It means what, you are not able to connect to the internet coz of this error......? and also what is the exact problem ur facing coz of this error.