deleting certain files, to be more exact Microsoft Access *.ldb files are
the biggest culprit. I‘ve also had some trouble renaming / deleting Microsoft
“The action can’t be completed because the file is open in another program”
Rebooting the server, Then delete the (database-name.ldb)
The problem is occurring on two separate physical servers. Both servers are
running Windows 2003 server standard 32bit with SP2 installed.
1) Tried using the windows command line tool openfiles.exe to locate any
2) Tried using the Sysinternals Handles v3.30 and Process Explorer 11.04 to
locate any open file-handles.
3) Tried using a program called Unlocker 1.8.5, This program tells me there
are no file-handles open for the (database-name.ldb) file. In the Unlocker
program I have the option to delete the file, I instruct the program to
delete the (database-name. LDB) file. The response the program gives back is
that it’s unable to delete the (database-name.ldb) file and then asks if I’d
like to have the file deleted after a reboot!
4) I’ve verified the inability to delete the (database-name.ldb) from a
newly created blank database using MS Access 2003 and MS Access 2007.
5) I’m able to delete the (database-name.MDB) BUT not the
(database-name.LDB) even after waiting days after the (database-name.MDB) was
Finding a utility that will tell me what’s preventing me from deleting the