Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



MSI Installer Quit Working

Windows Server Help


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 19-02-2008
Lee
 
Posts: n/a
MSI Installer Quit Working

On windows 03 server I now get a message anytime I try to install/uninstall a
program syaing that the windows installer could not be activated. I went
throught the KB and follwed information on how to determine if the installer
was installed corectly, and tried reregistering the installer but still get
the same message. When I try to start the installer service manually I get
this message "Could not start the windows installer service on local
computer. Error 14007: The requested lookup key was not found in any active
activation context." How can I fix the installer so that I can continue?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20-02-2008
MrHusy
 
Posts: n/a
RE: MSI Installer Quit Working

Hi Lee
*First, try uninstalling existing installer version via following tool.
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...bd/msicuu2.exe
*Then try installing the following
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893803

Regards
--
MrHusy
http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_3788926.html



"Lee" wrote:

> On windows 03 server I now get a message anytime I try to install/uninstall a
> program syaing that the windows installer could not be activated. I went
> throught the KB and follwed information on how to determine if the installer
> was installed corectly, and tried reregistering the installer but still get
> the same message. When I try to start the installer service manually I get
> this message "Could not start the windows installer service on local
> computer. Error 14007: The requested lookup key was not found in any active
> activation context." How can I fix the installer so that I can continue?

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20-02-2008
DevinHenderson@gmail.com
 
Posts: n/a
Re: MSI Installer Quit Working

On Feb 19, 9:39?pm, MrHusy <MrH...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Lee
> ? ? ? *First, try uninstalling existing installer version via following tool.http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ab4-45b8-80e8-...
> ? ? ? *Then try installing the followinghttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/893803
>
> Regards
> --
> MrHusyhttp://www.experts-exchange.com/M_3788926.html
>
>
>
> "Lee" wrote:
> > On windows 03 server I now get a message anytime I try to install/uninstall a
> > program syaing that the windows installer could not be activated. I went
> > throught the KB and follwed information on how to determine if the installer
> > was installed corectly, and tried reregistering the installer but still get
> > the same message. When I try to start the installer service manually I get
> > this message "Could not start the windows installer service on local
> > computer. Error 14007: The requested lookup key was not found in any active
> > activation context." How can I fix the installer so that I can continue?- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


Just reinstall the latest service pack and that will fix it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26-02-2008
Lee
 
Posts: n/a
RE: MSI Installer Quit Working

Nothing that relies on the Installer service will work i.e. the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26-02-2008
Lee
 
Posts: n/a
Re: MSI Installer Quit Working

Reinstallation of SP2 Failed.

An error in updating your system has occurred.

Windows Server 2003 has been partially updated and may not work properly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Tags: , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "MSI Installer Quit Working"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After installing Mac OS X Lion, Ethernet quit working Patcy Networking & Security 2 21-11-2011 10:58 PM
Activated Office 2007 Quit Working Racatcara Windows Software 3 29-03-2011 12:58 AM
Wireless quit working in Satellite L305-S5968 Colter Networking & Security 4 12-04-2010 03:16 PM
Windows Installer has stopped working Jasonholt Windows Software 6 11-03-2009 06:22 AM
Error 0x800CC0E - windows mail suddenly quit working aDeeB! Windows Vista Mail 3 25-05-2008 11:35 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:53 PM.