Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Backups failing with volume shadow copy error

Windows Server Help


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 25-01-2008
2-Way
 
Posts: n/a
Backups failing with volume shadow copy error

I haven't been able to successfully back up a server since we tried Acronis
True Image Server and then removed it. Something seems to have happened to
vss.

Any thoughts?

Here is the backup report for any and all jobs attempted:

Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:0x8004230f.

Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:8004230f
Aborting Backup.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26-01-2008
Meinolf Weber
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Backups failing with volume shadow copy error

Hello 2-Way,

Is there also an error in the event viewer? Please post it also here.

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=279063

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

> I haven't been able to successfully back up a server since we tried
> Acronis True Image Server and then removed it. Something seems to
> have happened to vss.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Here is the backup report for any and all jobs attempted:
>
> Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:0x8004230f.
>
> Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:8004230f Aborting
> Backup.
>



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-02-2008
2-Way
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Backups failing with volume shadow copy error

Yes, here are two:

Event ID 12292
Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID
{5fc845eb-f299-40f0-9725-34045f7ea8ba} and name HWPRV cannot be started.
[0x80004027]

Event ID 11
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Error creating the Shadow Copy Provider
COM class with CLSID {5fc845eb-f299-40f0-9725-34045f7ea8ba} [0x80004027].


Thanks!


"Meinolf Weber" wrote:

> Hello 2-Way,
>
> Is there also an error in the event viewer? Please post it also here.
>
> http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=279063
>
> Best regards
>
> Meinolf Weber
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
> no rights.
> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
> > I haven't been able to successfully back up a server since we tried
> > Acronis True Image Server and then removed it. Something seems to
> > have happened to vss.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Here is the backup report for any and all jobs attempted:
> >
> > Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:0x8004230f.
> >
> > Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:8004230f Aborting
> > Backup.
> >

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-02-2008
Meinolf Weber
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Backups failing with volume shadow copy error

Hello 2-Way,

12292:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?e...ce=VSS&phase=1

Volume Shadow Copy - Cannot enable on any drives, crashing backup

11:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?e...ce=VSS&phase=1

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

> Yes, here are two:
>
> Event ID 12292
> Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID
> {5fc845eb-f299-40f0-9725-34045f7ea8ba} and name HWPRV cannot be
> started.
> [0x80004027]
> Event ID 11
> Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Error creating the Shadow Copy
> Provider
> COM class with CLSID {5fc845eb-f299-40f0-9725-34045f7ea8ba}
> [0x80004027].
> Thanks!
>
> "Meinolf Weber" wrote:
>
>> Hello 2-Way,
>>
>> Is there also an error in the event viewer? Please post it also here.
>>
>> http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=279063
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Meinolf Weber
>> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers
>> no rights.
>> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
>> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>> I haven't been able to successfully back up a server since we tried
>>> Acronis True Image Server and then removed it. Something seems to
>>> have happened to vss.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> Here is the backup report for any and all jobs attempted:
>>>
>>> Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:0x8004230f.
>>>
>>> Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:8004230f
>>> Aborting Backup.
>>>



Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21-03-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2
Re: Backups failing with volume shadow copy error

I had the same headache of a problem with acronis and found the resolution for this error here: http://backupchain.com/How-to-fix-vo...-provider.html

the error in the event manager was similar:
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: A critical component required by the Volume Shadow Copy service is not registered. This might happened if an error occurred during Windows setup or during installation of a Shadow Copy provider. The error returned from CoCreateInstance on class with CLSID {5fc845eb-f299-40f0-9725-34045f7ea8ba} and Name HWPRV is 0x80004002, No such interface supported
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Tags: , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Backups failing with volume shadow copy error"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error Volume Shadow Copy 0x8004230f Brian Messenger Windows Server Help 1 13-10-2011 05:14 PM
Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy BlackSunReyes Small Business Server 2 11-11-2009 02:00 PM
Backup Fails With Volume Shadow Copy Error?? CostasD Small Business Server 4 14-09-2008 12:36 AM
Volume Shadow Copy Service error - hr = 0x80070005 N I C K Small Business Server 1 09-05-2007 01:27 PM
Volume Shadow Copy Service error JareD Windows Vista Performance 1 03-03-2007 01:45 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:22 PM.