Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Error Code: 8: 0x80004005 Windows Product Activation

Windows Server Help


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-12-2007
Sabatogz
 
Posts: n/a
Error Code: 8: 0x80004005 Windows Product Activation

Windows Server 2003

Error Message:
An error occurred while the wizard was checking the current Windows product
license. Error Code: 8: 0x80004005

Looks like this has been going on for a few months. Any idea how to fix this?

Thx

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-12-2007
Pegasus \(MVP\)
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Error Code: 8: 0x80004005 Windows Product Activation


"Sabatogz" <Sabatogz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B36F7FD9-8EAD-45B1-AF94-969C6FCFE229@microsoft.com...
> Windows Server 2003
>
> Error Message:
> An error occurred while the wizard was checking the current Windows
> product
> license. Error Code: 8: 0x80004005
>
> Looks like this has been going on for a few months. Any idea how to fix
> this?
>
> Thx


Google is your friend. A quick search for this error code brought up
this link (among others): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306081.


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-12-2007
Sabatogz
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Error Code: 8: 0x80004005 Windows Product Activation

Pegasus,

Thx for the reply. The MS Kb Article is related to Windows Product
Activation Errors with Windows XP, my issue is with Server 2003.

Thx

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

>
> "Sabatogz" <Sabatogz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B36F7FD9-8EAD-45B1-AF94-969C6FCFE229@microsoft.com...
> > Windows Server 2003
> >
> > Error Message:
> > An error occurred while the wizard was checking the current Windows
> > product
> > license. Error Code: 8: 0x80004005
> >
> > Looks like this has been going on for a few months. Any idea how to fix
> > this?
> >
> > Thx

>
> Google is your friend. A quick search for this error code brought up
> this link (among others): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306081.
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-12-2007
lukesh
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Error Code: 8: 0x80004005 Windows Product Activation

That works for 2k3 as well. However, the best bet would be to in-place
upgrade the OS with a genuine copy of Windows with same SP level and
preferably same media channel(OEM, Retail, MSDN, Volume License).

"Sabatogz" wrote:

> Pegasus,
>
> Thx for the reply. The MS Kb Article is related to Windows Product
> Activation Errors with Windows XP, my issue is with Server 2003.
>
> Thx
>
> "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
>
> >
> > "Sabatogz" <Sabatogz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:B36F7FD9-8EAD-45B1-AF94-969C6FCFE229@microsoft.com...
> > > Windows Server 2003
> > >
> > > Error Message:
> > > An error occurred while the wizard was checking the current Windows
> > > product
> > > license. Error Code: 8: 0x80004005
> > >
> > > Looks like this has been going on for a few months. Any idea how to fix
> > > this?
> > >
> > > Thx

> >
> > Google is your friend. A quick search for this error code brought up
> > this link (among others): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306081.
> >
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2007
Sabatogz
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Error Code: 8: 0x80004005 Windows Product Activation

Re-booted server, which has been running for about 290 days. After re-boot I
could not log on with a domain account. Re-booted a second time, which took
much longer and was able to log on. All error messages are now gone. System
has been running error free from about 12hrs.

"lukesh" wrote:

> That works for 2k3 as well. However, the best bet would be to in-place
> upgrade the OS with a genuine copy of Windows with same SP level and
> preferably same media channel(OEM, Retail, MSDN, Volume License).
>
> "Sabatogz" wrote:
>
> > Pegasus,
> >
> > Thx for the reply. The MS Kb Article is related to Windows Product
> > Activation Errors with Windows XP, my issue is with Server 2003.
> >
> > Thx
> >
> > "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > "Sabatogz" <Sabatogz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:B36F7FD9-8EAD-45B1-AF94-969C6FCFE229@microsoft.com...
> > > > Windows Server 2003
> > > >
> > > > Error Message:
> > > > An error occurred while the wizard was checking the current Windows
> > > > product
> > > > license. Error Code: 8: 0x80004005
> > > >
> > > > Looks like this has been going on for a few months. Any idea how to fix
> > > > this?
> > > >
> > > > Thx
> > >
> > > Google is your friend. A quick search for this error code brought up
> > > this link (among others): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306081.
> > >
> > >
> > >

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-12-2007
lukesh
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Error Code: 8: 0x80004005 Windows Product Activation

That's MS4U ;-)

"Sabatogz" wrote:

> Re-booted server, which has been running for about 290 days. After re-boot I
> could not log on with a domain account. Re-booted a second time, which took
> much longer and was able to log on. All error messages are now gone. System
> has been running error free from about 12hrs.
>
> "lukesh" wrote:
>
> > That works for 2k3 as well. However, the best bet would be to in-place
> > upgrade the OS with a genuine copy of Windows with same SP level and
> > preferably same media channel(OEM, Retail, MSDN, Volume License).
> >
> > "Sabatogz" wrote:
> >
> > > Pegasus,
> > >
> > > Thx for the reply. The MS Kb Article is related to Windows Product
> > > Activation Errors with Windows XP, my issue is with Server 2003.
> > >
> > > Thx
> > >
> > > "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
> > >
> > > >
> > > > "Sabatogz" <Sabatogz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:B36F7FD9-8EAD-45B1-AF94-969C6FCFE229@microsoft.com...
> > > > > Windows Server 2003
> > > > >
> > > > > Error Message:
> > > > > An error occurred while the wizard was checking the current Windows
> > > > > product
> > > > > license. Error Code: 8: 0x80004005
> > > > >
> > > > > Looks like this has been going on for a few months. Any idea how to fix
> > > > > this?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thx
> > > >
> > > > Google is your friend. A quick search for this error code brought up
> > > > this link (among others): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306081.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >

Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Tags: , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Error Code: 8: 0x80004005 Windows Product Activation"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Product Activation Error 0x80040017 sivaranjan Windows XP Support 4 04-01-2014 11:05 AM
Windows 7 Activation error 0XC004E003 Invalid Product Key Hardik Operating Systems 5 02-04-2010 10:12 PM
Error code 0x80004005 in windows vista Beter 2 Burn Out Operating Systems 6 14-09-2009 05:23 PM
XP Home - Windows product activation error after update to SP3 StephanP Windows Update 4 18-05-2008 03:35 PM
Windows Product Activation error Chad Gross Windows XP Support 2 19-03-2007 05:20 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:06 PM.