Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Cleanspl.exe command line

Windows Server Help


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-11-2007
Ulf
 
Posts: n/a
Cleanspl.exe command line

Hello all,

Just a quick question that I have not been able to find a good answer
concerning. Is there a way (is it possible) to run the cleanspl.exe as a
pure command line utility and to anticipate all of the spooler cleanup
options?

thanks,
Ulf

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-11-2007
Pegasus \(MVP\)
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cleanspl.exe command line


"Ulf" <Ulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DACEE216-F739-41BB-B57E-0AB3465019AB@microsoft.com...
> Hello all,
>
> Just a quick question that I have not been able to find a good answer
> concerning. Is there a way (is it possible) to run the cleanspl.exe as a
> pure command line utility and to anticipate all of the spooler cleanup
> options?
>
> thanks,
> Ulf


If you type "what is cleanspl.exe" into a Google search
window then you get more than 2,600 hits about this
particular tool. You might find that cleanspl is an
interactive rather than a command line utility.

A simple and easy to understand method for purging all
print queues of a machine consists of running this batch
file:
@echo off
echo.
echo Purging the print queue . . .
net stop Spooler
echo Deleting all print jobs . . .
ping localhost -n 4 > nul
del /q %SystemRoot%\system32\spool\printers\*.*
net start Spooler
echo Done!
ping localhost -n 4 > nul


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2007
Ulf
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cleanspl.exe command line

Pegasus,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I was aware of the plethora of Google
articles regarding the cleanspl.exe tool. What I had not been able to
determine was whethor or not it was possible to use the tool as a pure
command line. The GUI is very effective and I have utilized it to correct a
problem with one of my servers. The reason for my original question/post was
that I have quite a number of additional servers that need to have the same
thing done to them and I was hoping to automate the task.

My own on-line research seems to support your assertion that the tool is
only in 'interactive' one and does not support command line.

thank you again,
Ulf
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-11-2007
Pegasus \(MVP\)
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cleanspl.exe command line


"Ulf" <Ulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AB14474B-123F-4DF5-AA36-CB6A12B592D9@microsoft.com...
> Pegasus,
>
> Thank you for the reply. Yes, I was aware of the plethora of Google
> articles regarding the cleanspl.exe tool. What I had not been able to
> determine was whethor or not it was possible to use the tool as a pure
> command line. The GUI is very effective and I have utilized it to correct
> a
> problem with one of my servers. The reason for my original question/post
> was
> that I have quite a number of additional servers that need to have the
> same
> thing done to them and I was hoping to automate the task.
>
> My own on-line research seems to support your assertion that the tool
> is
> only in 'interactive' one and does not support command line.
>
> thank you again,
> Ulf


I actually suspected rather than asserted that cleanspl.exe works
in a GUI environment only. However, since it uses a very simple
panel, it would be a trivial task to embed it in a VB Script and
get that script to supply the required key strokes.


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-11-2007
Ulf
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cleanspl.exe command line

Pegasus,

I stand corrected. Thank you again for the assistance. I will see if I
can cobble together a VBScript to accomplish my task.

regards,
Ulf
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-11-2007
Pegasus \(MVP\)
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Cleanspl.exe command line


"Ulf" <Ulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:58805E54-D29F-4743-ABC6-C77055C33A1A@microsoft.com...
> Pegasus,
>
> I stand corrected. Thank you again for the assistance. I will see if
> I
> can cobble together a VBScript to accomplish my task.
>
> regards,
> Ulf


I was not trying to correct you - just to suggest an alternative
solution. :-)


Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Tags: ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Cleanspl.exe command line"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
xcopy command line together with wmplayer command line Aislinn Operating Systems 5 31-03-2010 12:13 PM
Problem: Command Line Option Syntax Error. Type Command /? For Help Nadeem MediaCenter 3 03-09-2009 05:41 PM
Command Line Ren (Rename) command broken? SixSigmaGuy Vista Help 2 18-05-2008 03:30 PM
Run MSI from Command Line Thomas M. Windows Security 2 03-11-2007 03:49 AM
autorun.inf - shell\..\command with command line parameter doesn'twork kakii Windows XP Support 1 18-05-2007 01:24 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:06 AM.