Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



WMI to remote machine

Windows Server Help


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 17-10-2007
AndyS
 
Posts: n/a
WMI to remote machine

Hi,

I have 2 2003 servers, one local and is a member of a domain, the other is
remote (in another country) and is only on a workgroup. I have some
monitoring software which can use WMI to retrieve the windows log events. I
can't get this to work so I have been trying to diagnose the problem. I have
disabled firewalls at both ends, both machines have a public static ip
address. I can run wbemtest on the remote machine ok and wmidiag, but when I
run wbemtest on the loacl machine and try to connect to the remote machine it
says "0x800706b9 Not enough resources are available to complete this
operation" Strange when the resources are vast on both machines. I know it is
sucessfully authenticating because if I put the wrong password in it gives
the error "Access Denied" and I can also see success logon audits in the
event viewer. There do not seem to be any other error messages and verbose
WMI logging doesn't seem to show anything other than
"CForwardFactory::CreateInstance" although "GetUserDefaultLCID failed,
restorting to system verion" is showing in wbemcore.log regularly.

Please can anyone help?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 17-10-2007
Richard Mueller [MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WMI to remote machine

These links may help:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr.../help/wmi.mspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394603.aspx

--
Richard Mueller
Microsoft MVP Scripting and ADSI
Hilltop Lab - http://www.rlmueller.net
--

"AndyS" <AndyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8447516C-9AD8-48E4-A207-95F376E6CF0D@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 2003 servers, one local and is a member of a domain, the other is
> remote (in another country) and is only on a workgroup. I have some
> monitoring software which can use WMI to retrieve the windows log events.
> I
> can't get this to work so I have been trying to diagnose the problem. I
> have
> disabled firewalls at both ends, both machines have a public static ip
> address. I can run wbemtest on the remote machine ok and wmidiag, but when
> I
> run wbemtest on the loacl machine and try to connect to the remote machine
> it
> says "0x800706b9 Not enough resources are available to complete this
> operation" Strange when the resources are vast on both machines. I know it
> is
> sucessfully authenticating because if I put the wrong password in it gives
> the error "Access Denied" and I can also see success logon audits in the
> event viewer. There do not seem to be any other error messages and verbose
> WMI logging doesn't seem to show anything other than
> "CForwardFactory::CreateInstance" although "GetUserDefaultLCID failed,
> restorting to system verion" is showing in wbemcore.log regularly.
>
> Please can anyone help?



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17-10-2007
AndyS
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WMI to remote machine

Thanks for the links. I can't find this sort of error message anywhere
"0x800706b9 Not enough resources are available to complete this
operation"

Because WBEMTEST works when I run it locally on the remote machine I can
only conclude that it must be something to do with connecting remotely, but
the logs / errors mean nothing to me.

Thanks

Andy.

"Richard Mueller [MVP]" wrote:

> These links may help:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr.../help/wmi.mspx
>
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394603.aspx
>
> --
> Richard Mueller
> Microsoft MVP Scripting and ADSI
> Hilltop Lab - http://www.rlmueller.net
> --
>
> "AndyS" <AndyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:8447516C-9AD8-48E4-A207-95F376E6CF0D@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have 2 2003 servers, one local and is a member of a domain, the other is
> > remote (in another country) and is only on a workgroup. I have some
> > monitoring software which can use WMI to retrieve the windows log events.
> > I
> > can't get this to work so I have been trying to diagnose the problem. I
> > have
> > disabled firewalls at both ends, both machines have a public static ip
> > address. I can run wbemtest on the remote machine ok and wmidiag, but when
> > I
> > run wbemtest on the loacl machine and try to connect to the remote machine
> > it
> > says "0x800706b9 Not enough resources are available to complete this
> > operation" Strange when the resources are vast on both machines. I know it
> > is
> > sucessfully authenticating because if I put the wrong password in it gives
> > the error "Access Denied" and I can also see success logon audits in the
> > event viewer. There do not seem to be any other error messages and verbose
> > WMI logging doesn't seem to show anything other than
> > "CForwardFactory::CreateInstance" although "GetUserDefaultLCID failed,
> > restorting to system verion" is showing in wbemcore.log regularly.
> >
> > Please can anyone help?

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17-10-2007
Justin Rich
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WMI to remote machine

the most common reason (i see) for a error message like that is when page
pool is out. open task manager and on the performance tab, in the kernel
memory section there is a value for Paged. if this is anywhere near 300MB
then thats probably your problem.

im not sure thats the case since you said both are pretty bare, but take a
look.

Justin

"AndyS" <AndyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7B53D768-6A6A-41E6-B9D4-989E5CD62A87@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the links. I can't find this sort of error message anywhere
> "0x800706b9 Not enough resources are available to complete this
> operation"
>
> Because WBEMTEST works when I run it locally on the remote machine I can
> only conclude that it must be something to do with connecting remotely,
> but
> the logs / errors mean nothing to me.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy.
>
> "Richard Mueller [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> These links may help:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr.../help/wmi.mspx
>>
>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394603.aspx
>>
>> --
>> Richard Mueller
>> Microsoft MVP Scripting and ADSI
>> Hilltop Lab - http://www.rlmueller.net
>> --
>>
>> "AndyS" <AndyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:8447516C-9AD8-48E4-A207-95F376E6CF0D@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have 2 2003 servers, one local and is a member of a domain, the other
>> > is
>> > remote (in another country) and is only on a workgroup. I have some
>> > monitoring software which can use WMI to retrieve the windows log
>> > events.
>> > I
>> > can't get this to work so I have been trying to diagnose the problem. I
>> > have
>> > disabled firewalls at both ends, both machines have a public static ip
>> > address. I can run wbemtest on the remote machine ok and wmidiag, but
>> > when
>> > I
>> > run wbemtest on the loacl machine and try to connect to the remote
>> > machine
>> > it
>> > says "0x800706b9 Not enough resources are available to complete this
>> > operation" Strange when the resources are vast on both machines. I know
>> > it
>> > is
>> > sucessfully authenticating because if I put the wrong password in it
>> > gives
>> > the error "Access Denied" and I can also see success logon audits in
>> > the
>> > event viewer. There do not seem to be any other error messages and
>> > verbose
>> > WMI logging doesn't seem to show anything other than
>> > "CForwardFactory::CreateInstance" although "GetUserDefaultLCID failed,
>> > restorting to system verion" is showing in wbemcore.log regularly.
>> >
>> > Please can anyone help?

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Tags:



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "WMI to remote machine"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reading registry of remote machine using WMI Swati_here_2008 Software Development 4 22-03-2012 07:30 PM
How do you invoke a procedure from a remote machine ? Fragman Software Development 4 30-01-2011 03:29 AM
Running an MSI file on a remote machine brock_griffin@hotmail.com Windows Server Help 6 09-07-2010 04:36 AM
OS level of a remote machine GeforceUser Networking & Security 5 02-05-2009 06:20 PM
Is it possible to run any .exe in the remote machine using WMI? Swati_here_2008 Software Development 3 05-05-2008 06:45 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:24 PM.