Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Robocopy problem

Windows Server Help


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-10-2007
Hugo
 
Posts: n/a
Robocopy problem

Hi !

I use robocopy tool with the following parameters to synchronize a directory
from one server to another one :

c:\batch\robocopy \\servername\backup$ d:\data\servername\mssql /mir
/copyall /mot:5 /ndl /nfl

I receive this message (for all files) :

2007/10/01 12:52:25 ERROR 1314 (0x00000522) Copying NTFS Security to
Destination Directory \\servername\backup$\BalanceProd\
A required privilege is not held by the client.

The command is executed on the destination server. The user have admin
rights on that server and full control rights through the share and NTFS on
the source server !!

Any idea ?

Hugo



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2007
Pegasus \(MVP\)
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Robocopy problem


"Hugo" <newschrg@noemail.noemail> wrote in message
news:OTry1zEBIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi !
>
> I use robocopy tool with the following parameters to synchronize a
> directory from one server to another one :
>
> c:\batch\robocopy \\servername\backup$ d:\data\servername\mssql /mir
> /copyall /mot:5 /ndl /nfl
>
> I receive this message (for all files) :
>
> 2007/10/01 12:52:25 ERROR 1314 (0x00000522) Copying NTFS Security to
> Destination Directory \\servername\backup$\BalanceProd\
> A required privilege is not held by the client.
>
> The command is executed on the destination server. The user have admin
> rights on that server and full control rights through the share and NTFS
> on the source server !!
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Hugo
>


I don't think this is a robocopy problem. It sounds very much
like a permissions problem. See if you can perform the individual
operations manually:
- Create the target directory
- Copy files to the target directory
- Overwrite files in the target directory
- Delete files from the target directory


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2007
Hugo
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Robocopy problem

Hi Pegasus !

Thank's for your reply !

It's true to say that it's not a robocopy problem... If I start robocopy
when logged on with an account that has Local Admin rights on source and
destination server (Domain Admin)... I have no problem !!! Why I have to
give admin right on source server ???

For security reason, I don't want to give local admin on many servers !!!

Any other idea !

Hugo


"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> a ?crit dans le message de news:
OEz3J9FBIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> "Hugo" <newschrg@noemail.noemail> wrote in message
> news:OTry1zEBIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Hi !
>>
>> I use robocopy tool with the following parameters to synchronize a
>> directory from one server to another one :
>>
>> c:\batch\robocopy \\servername\backup$ d:\data\servername\mssql /mir
>> /copyall /mot:5 /ndl /nfl
>>
>> I receive this message (for all files) :
>>
>> 2007/10/01 12:52:25 ERROR 1314 (0x00000522) Copying NTFS Security to
>> Destination Directory \\servername\backup$\BalanceProd\
>> A required privilege is not held by the client.
>>
>> The command is executed on the destination server. The user have admin
>> rights on that server and full control rights through the share and NTFS
>> on the source server !!
>>
>> Any idea ?
>>
>> Hugo
>>

>
> I don't think this is a robocopy problem. It sounds very much
> like a permissions problem. See if you can perform the individual
> operations manually:
> - Create the target directory
> - Copy files to the target directory
> - Overwrite files in the target directory
> - Delete files from the target directory
>



Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2007
Pegasus \(MVP\)
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Robocopy problem

You need to set your share and your NTFS permissions
so that the account that runs robocopy can do what it
needs to do. You're in charge!


"Hugo" <newschrg@noemail.noemail> wrote in message
news:ej%23QXLGBIHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi Pegasus !
>
> Thank's for your reply !
>
> It's true to say that it's not a robocopy problem... If I start robocopy
> when logged on with an account that has Local Admin rights on source and
> destination server (Domain Admin)... I have no problem !!! Why I have to
> give admin right on source server ???
>
> For security reason, I don't want to give local admin on many servers !!!
>
> Any other idea !
>
> Hugo
>
>
> "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> a ?crit dans le message de news:
> OEz3J9FBIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Hugo" <newschrg@noemail.noemail> wrote in message
>> news:OTry1zEBIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi !
>>>
>>> I use robocopy tool with the following parameters to synchronize a
>>> directory from one server to another one :
>>>
>>> c:\batch\robocopy \\servername\backup$ d:\data\servername\mssql /mir
>>> /copyall /mot:5 /ndl /nfl
>>>
>>> I receive this message (for all files) :
>>>
>>> 2007/10/01 12:52:25 ERROR 1314 (0x00000522) Copying NTFS Security to
>>> Destination Directory \\servername\backup$\BalanceProd\
>>> A required privilege is not held by the client.
>>>
>>> The command is executed on the destination server. The user have admin
>>> rights on that server and full control rights through the share and NTFS
>>> on the source server !!
>>>
>>> Any idea ?
>>>
>>> Hugo
>>>

>>
>> I don't think this is a robocopy problem. It sounds very much
>> like a permissions problem. See if you can perform the individual
>> operations manually:
>> - Create the target directory
>> - Copy files to the target directory
>> - Overwrite files in the target directory
>> - Delete files from the target directory
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2007
Mathieu CHATEAU
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Robocopy problem

shooting on sight tonight ;)

--
Cordialement,
Mathieu CHATEAU
English blog: http://lordoftheping.blogspot.com
French blog: http://www.lotp.fr


"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
news:%23qAPlTGBIHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> You need to set your share and your NTFS permissions
> so that the account that runs robocopy can do what it
> needs to do. You're in charge!
>
>
> "Hugo" <newschrg@noemail.noemail> wrote in message
> news:ej%23QXLGBIHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Pegasus !
>>
>> Thank's for your reply !
>>
>> It's true to say that it's not a robocopy problem... If I start robocopy
>> when logged on with an account that has Local Admin rights on source and
>> destination server (Domain Admin)... I have no problem !!! Why I have to
>> give admin right on source server ???
>>
>> For security reason, I don't want to give local admin on many servers !!!
>>
>> Any other idea !
>>
>> Hugo
>>
>>
>> "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> a ?crit dans le message de news:
>> OEz3J9FBIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> "Hugo" <newschrg@noemail.noemail> wrote in message
>>> news:OTry1zEBIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hi !
>>>>
>>>> I use robocopy tool with the following parameters to synchronize a
>>>> directory from one server to another one :
>>>>
>>>> c:\batch\robocopy \\servername\backup$ d:\data\servername\mssql /mir
>>>> /copyall /mot:5 /ndl /nfl
>>>>
>>>> I receive this message (for all files) :
>>>>
>>>> 2007/10/01 12:52:25 ERROR 1314 (0x00000522) Copying NTFS Security to
>>>> Destination Directory \\servername\backup$\BalanceProd\
>>>> A required privilege is not held by the client.
>>>>
>>>> The command is executed on the destination server. The user have admin
>>>> rights on that server and full control rights through the share and
>>>> NTFS on the source server !!
>>>>
>>>> Any idea ?
>>>>
>>>> Hugo
>>>>
>>>
>>> I don't think this is a robocopy problem. It sounds very much
>>> like a permissions problem. See if you can perform the individual
>>> operations manually:
>>> - Create the target directory
>>> - Copy files to the target directory
>>> - Overwrite files in the target directory
>>> - Delete files from the target directory
>>>

>>
>>

>
>


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2007
Pegasus \(MVP\)
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Robocopy problem


"Mathieu CHATEAU" <gollum123@free.fr> wrote in message
news:uYifAbGBIHA.4496@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> shooting on sight tonight ;)
>


Je ne comprends pas . .


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-2007
Mathieu CHATEAU
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Robocopy problem

may you email me privately please ? :)

--
Cordialement,
Mathieu CHATEAU
English blog: http://lordoftheping.blogspot.com
French blog: http://www.lotp.fr


"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
news:esaFhgGBIHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>
> "Mathieu CHATEAU" <gollum123@free.fr> wrote in message
> news:uYifAbGBIHA.4496@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> shooting on sight tonight ;)
>>

>
> Je ne comprends pas . .
>


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-2007
Ken Zhao [MSFT]
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Robocopy problem

Hello Hugo,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, please note that the software supplied in the Resource Kit
or the Resource Kit Tools download site is not supported under any
Microsoft standard support program or service, including the partner
newsgroups. You can, however, report issues and bugs by sending e-mail to
rkinput@microsoft.com. Microsoft will, at its sole discretion, address
issues and bugs reported in this manner, and responses are not guaranteed.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support
Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
====================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
====================================================
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.




--------------------
| From: "Hugo" <newschrg@noemail.noemail>
| Subject: Robocopy problem
| Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 13:03:19 -0400
| Lines: 23
| X-Priority: 3
| X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
| X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
| X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
| X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3138
| Message-ID: <OTry1zEBIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general
| NNTP-Posting-Host: rtss13.ssss.gouv.qc.ca 199.243.239.13
| Path: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl
| Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.server.general:23539
| X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.server.general
|
| Hi !
|
| I use robocopy tool with the following parameters to synchronize a
directory
| from one server to another one :
|
| c:\batch\robocopy \\servername\backup$ d:\data\servername\mssql /mir
| /copyall /mot:5 /ndl /nfl
|
| I receive this message (for all files) :
|
| 2007/10/01 12:52:25 ERROR 1314 (0x00000522) Copying NTFS Security to
| Destination Directory \\servername\backup$\BalanceProd\
| A required privilege is not held by the client.
|
| The command is executed on the destination server. The user have admin
| rights on that server and full control rights through the share and NTFS
on
| the source server !!
|
| Any idea ?
|
| Hugo
|
|
|

Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Tags:



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Robocopy problem"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Robocopy Help Lilli35 Windows Software 1 07-07-2011 12:14 AM
Problem of dates with Robocopy cobra2008 Windows Software 3 16-10-2009 11:47 PM
Robocopy help needed Adam Hann Windows Server Help 11 15-04-2009 01:20 AM
Robocopy help Cyborg Windows Server Help 5 31-07-2008 04:01 PM
Problem with ROBOCOPY version XP026 an ERRORLEVEL Tom Meier Windows Server Help 2 09-09-2007 02:25 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:32 PM.