Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



List folder permissions

Windows Server Help


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-05-2007
Parsu
 
Posts: n/a
List folder permissions

Hi All,

I have around 100 folders & and each are assigned with different permissions
to different users.I need an command or utility to list the folder
permissions assigned to users or groups. I dont want to view the permissions
on subfolders ( if it can then OK, otherwise its not needed) I just need to
view the permissions on top level folders.
THANX.


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-05-2007
CreateWindow
 
Posts: n/a
Re: List folder permissions

Dear Parsu,

Have a look at the cacls command. (cacls /?)

Hope that helps,

CreateWindow
http://justpageprobe.com
The FREE Web page utility you always wanted.
Monitor your enterprise Web Servers.
Keep your router connected.
Email your IP to where you need it.


"Parsu" <Parsu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D08C467E-1529-46FE-8186-B2A656E6E201@microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
>
> I have around 100 folders & and each are assigned with different
> permissions
> to different users.I need an command or utility to list the folder
> permissions assigned to users or groups. I dont want to view the
> permissions
> on subfolders ( if it can then OK, otherwise its not needed) I just need
> to
> view the permissions on top level folders.
> THANX.
>



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-05-2007
Parsu
 
Posts: n/a
Re: List folder permissions

Hi,
Cacls coand does not help in my case, because i need to list the
permissions assigned to may around 100 folders.I think there should be some
tool to display/list the folder level perissions. need help....

"CreateWindow" wrote:

> Dear Parsu,
>
> Have a look at the cacls command. (cacls /?)
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> CreateWindow
> http://justpageprobe.com
> The FREE Web page utility you always wanted.
> Monitor your enterprise Web Servers.
> Keep your router connected.
> Email your IP to where you need it.
>
>
> "Parsu" <Parsu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D08C467E-1529-46FE-8186-B2A656E6E201@microsoft.com...
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have around 100 folders & and each are assigned with different
> > permissions
> > to different users.I need an command or utility to list the folder
> > permissions assigned to users or groups. I dont want to view the
> > permissions
> > on subfolders ( if it can then OK, otherwise its not needed) I just need
> > to
> > view the permissions on top level folders.
> > THANX.
> >

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-05-2007
Michael Bednarek
 
Posts: n/a
Re: List folder permissions

On Fri, 11 May 2007 23:37:01 -0700, Parsu wrote in
microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting:

> Cacls coand does not help in my case, because i need to list the
>permissions assigned to may around 100 folders.I think there should be some
>tool to display/list the folder level perissions. need help....


Have you tried CreateWindow's suggestion? How? Doesn't
FOR /D %d IN (*) DO cacls "%d"
do what you need?

For a GUI, look at AccessEnum.EXE by Bryce Cogswell.

>"CreateWindow" wrote:
>
>> Dear Parsu,
>>
>> Have a look at the cacls command. (cacls /?)
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>>
>> Parsu wrote in message news:D08C467E-1529-46FE-8186-B2A656E6E201@microsoft.com...
>> > I have around 100 folders & and each are assigned with different
>> > permissions
>> > to different users.I need an command or utility to list the folder
>> > permissions assigned to users or groups. I dont want to view the
>> > permissions
>> > on subfolders ( if it can then OK, otherwise its not needed) I just need
>> > to
>> > view the permissions on top level folders.


--
Michael Bednarek http://mbednarek.com/ "POST NO BILLS"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-05-2007
Al Dunbar
 
Posts: n/a
Re: List folder permissions


"Michael Bednarek" <mbATmbednarek.com@BLACKHOLESPAM.NET> wrote in message
news:5mdb43dsnqhsvsu6m8ji3rv0e8idr9c0f7@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 11 May 2007 23:37:01 -0700, Parsu wrote in
> microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting:
>
>> Cacls coand does not help in my case, because i need to list the
>>permissions assigned to may around 100 folders.I think there should be
>>some
>>tool to display/list the folder level perissions. need help....

>
> Have you tried CreateWindow's suggestion? How? Doesn't
> FOR /D %d IN (*) DO cacls "%d"
> do what you need?


I think the issue is that he has 100 folders to examine. That, in itself, is
what makes this kind of thing labour-intensive. No matter what tool you use
to list the permissions, there is going to be a lot of data to look at.

Of course, it depends what the object of the exercise is..

/Al
..

> For a GUI, look at AccessEnum.EXE by Bryce Cogswell.
>
>>"CreateWindow" wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Parsu,
>>>
>>> Have a look at the cacls command. (cacls /?)
>>>
>>> Hope that helps,
>>>
>>> Parsu wrote in message
>>> news:D08C467E-1529-46FE-8186-B2A656E6E201@microsoft.com...
>>> > I have around 100 folders & and each are assigned with different
>>> > permissions
>>> > to different users.I need an command or utility to list the folder
>>> > permissions assigned to users or groups. I dont want to view the
>>> > permissions
>>> > on subfolders ( if it can then OK, otherwise its not needed) I just
>>> > need
>>> > to
>>> > view the permissions on top level folders.

>
> --
> Michael Bednarek http://mbednarek.com/ "POST NO BILLS"



Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Tags:



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "List folder permissions"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Folder Permissions flux blocker Active Directory 3 08-06-2010 06:04 PM
Permissions Documents and Settings Folder John Vista Help 5 20-03-2010 07:00 PM
User Home Folder Permissions prakashseth Active Directory 3 17-04-2009 04:34 PM
A script to list shares with permissions geniiw Windows Server Help 6 24-03-2008 04:07 PM
Changing folder permissions recursively/ BlackShuck Vista Help 3 12-12-2007 01:22 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:20 PM.