Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Folder Redirection in 2003 GPO editor

Windows Server Help


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 22-02-2006
Frank
 
Posts: n/a
Folder Redirection in 2003 GPO editor

When I open the Group Policy Editor in 2003 Server and navigate to User
Settings | Windows Settings
Folder Redirection is missing.
Any ideas on how to get it to appear?





Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 22-02-2006
Ronny Ong
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Folder Redirection in 2003 GPO editor

Either you accidentally removed system.adm from your Administrative
Templates, or your copy was somehow overwritten. Right-click on
Administrative Templates, select Add/Remove Templates, and verify that
system.adm is listed. If not, Add it. If so, then your copy has been
corrupted. You can download original copies of the Windows adm files from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Choose either admFiles_WindowsServer2003.msi or
admFiles_WindowsServer2003SP1.msi depending on whether you are using SP1.
After installing, go back into Add/Remove Templates and remove the existing
system.adm, then click Add... and browse to the install directory to select
the system.adm from there.

"Frank" <ffarero@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
news:Ogzygi5NGHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> When I open the Group Policy Editor in 2003 Server and navigate to User
> Settings | Windows Settings
> Folder Redirection is missing.
> Any ideas on how to get it to appear?



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-02-2006
Frank
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Folder Redirection in 2003 GPO editor

Thanks Ronny. System.Admin was not there I then added it and it worked.
"Ronny Ong" <ronnyong@killspam-bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news:OhtuW39NGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Either you accidentally removed system.adm from your Administrative
> Templates, or your copy was somehow overwritten. Right-click on
> Administrative Templates, select Add/Remove Templates, and verify that
> system.adm is listed. If not, Add it. If so, then your copy has been
> corrupted. You can download original copies of the Windows adm files from:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>
> Choose either admFiles_WindowsServer2003.msi or
> admFiles_WindowsServer2003SP1.msi depending on whether you are using SP1.
> After installing, go back into Add/Remove Templates and remove the
> existing system.adm, then click Add... and browse to the install directory
> to select the system.adm from there.
>
> "Frank" <ffarero@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:Ogzygi5NGHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> When I open the Group Policy Editor in 2003 Server and navigate to User
>> Settings | Windows Settings
>> Folder Redirection is missing.
>> Any ideas on how to get it to appear?

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2
Same problem

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem with the missing Folder Redirection in GPO.

I have tried the advice given here about the system.admin, and the one about re-registering fde.dll as recommended by MS, but still nothing....

Any other ideas will be hugely appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-08-2007
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Folder Redirection in 2003 GPO editor

danybat <danybat.2v20ze@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have the same problem with the missing Folder Redirection in GPO.
>
> I have tried the advice given here about the system.admin, and the one
> about re-registering fde.dll as recommended by MS, but still
> nothing....
>
> Any other ideas will be hugely appreciated!


Hi - since you haven't quoted the original message, it's hard for anyone to
follow this. Please try posting a new message with all the pertinent info,
and I'm sure someone will be able to help. Include symptoms, and any KB
articles, etc.


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13-08-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Thanks Ronny. System.Admin was not there I then added it and it worked.
"Ronny Ong" <ronnyong@killspam-bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news:OhtuW39NGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Either you accidentally removed system.adm from your Administrative
> Templates, or your copy was somehow overwritten. Right-click on
> Administrative Templates, select Add/Remove Templates, and verify that
> system.adm is listed. If not, Add it. If so, then your copy has been
> corrupted. You can download original copies of the Windows adm files from:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>
> Choose either admFiles_WindowsServer2003.msi or
> admFiles_WindowsServer2003SP1.msi depending on whether you are using SP1.
> After installing, go back into Add/Remove Templates and remove the
> existing system.adm, then click Add... and browse to the install directory
> to select the system.adm from there.
>
> "Frank" <ffarero@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:Ogzygi5NGHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> When I open the Group Policy Editor in 2003 Server and navigate to User
>> Settings | Windows Settings
>> Folder Redirection is missing.
>> Any ideas on how to get it to appear?

>
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have the same problem with the missing Folder Redirection in GPO.
>
> I have tried the advice given here about the system.admin, and the one
> about re-registering fde.dll as recommended by MS, but still
> nothing....
>
> Any other ideas will be hugely appreciated!

I have quoted now all responses to far. I hope someone has an answer somewhere!! ;o)
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Tags: , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Folder Redirection in 2003 GPO editor"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
folder redirection, option not in GPO?! slym34 Windows Software 4 02-07-2009 06:50 PM
My documents folder redirection vinomike Small Business Server 2 11-12-2008 09:09 PM
Folder redirection windows 2003 sserver craig_borden Operating Systems 2 05-09-2008 12:02 PM
Windows 2003 Group Policy - Folder Redirection Chad Gross Active Directory 2 27-02-2007 11:34 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:15 AM.