Thread: Facing network error on WHS 2k3

Facing network error on WHS 2k3

I necessitate a number of suggestions previous to I reinstall my WHS server entirely. I have comprised and had my WHS server working with fine for a long time at present. No troubles at the entire actually. A small number of months ago I had acquired myself an innovative Samsung Smart-TV, and discovered that to facilitate I had to utilize other software on the server to be capable to play the entire files. Installed Serviio and the whs-addon, and the whole thing was working actually great.

A small number of weeks ago, things started to play tricks on me, exclusive of several changes on the server. I used to maintain losing the correlation to the WHS server commencing from my TV, and I guessed it was due to Serviio. I had tried utilizing the built in media sharing and play media with the help of my xbox, tribulations there as well. Tried reinstalling serviio, no luck. Eliminated the serviio totally and installed PS3 media server. Works each at present and then, other than then the entire of a sudden the correlation is dropped and I have comprised to restart a small number of times for the devices to locate each other.

I tried utilizing an additional system (XP Pro SP3) and it runs the majority of the time, other than every at present and then I acquire random disconnections. I have comprised no issues what so ever through the backups, no warnings commencing from the consol, no obvious errors in event logs. In the recent times, I have in addition become aware of that something is affecting my homeserver dot com not be able to connect at the entire from outside the house I have tried the innovative drivers for my Realtek NIC, essentially 2 sets of innovative drivers as a new was released at the same time as attempting to locate what is wrong. I have comprised and managed gbit switch demonstrating no dropped packages at the entire. I have comprised and checked the entire cables in the house, replaced all old cables commencing from side to side the innovative cat6. I have comprised and been writing to the users at Serviio, according to them it seems to be network interrelated and not their software.

I imagine I be able to confirm this as so numerous additional things are playing tricks on me. I have comprised and in addition become aware of that if I have utorrent on a client saving incredible on the shares and close the program, when I reopen the program it determine to take ages to authenticate the files which frequently or merely takes me a few seconds. As the whole thing seems ok according to the entire logs, and that to facilitate there was no changes at the entire when the issues started, I am working out of ideas where to start. Several suggestions I could try before I reinstall the WHS server 2k3?

Re: Facing network error on WHS 2k3

For this you have to check your WHS server event logs, and give the impression of being the errors reported up online and you have to make a note of the majority "errors" are to be expected to be innocuous, please do not dump a huge list of less than meaningful errors on us to read between the lines. If you locate the errors, I might not be surprised if they are disk interrelated; in that case run chkdsk on the entire the drives in your WHS server.

I have not seen no matter which weird and wonderful at the entire in the logs. On the other hand, I imagine I tranquil have that to facilitate the batch for chkdsk on the entire drives that determine to start that when I acquire home as I have not completed so in a number of months. If I similar to solving the issues. Well, you might recall that with the intention of to facilitate I spent a lot of time on this discussion a at the same time as ago previous to I had acquired the whole thing running. I imagine I determine to locate a methods to maintain myself busy solving this issues all this weekend.

The WHS server to bring up to date and started the batch, and as customary it took a small number of days scanning the free space. Aborted as I had to acquire right of entry to a number of files on the server, and rebooted. The merely thing I had become aware of fixed was a number of files not indexed. Let's observe if things are running at present. Regarding the free space predicament, is it possible to eliminate that from the scan. I do be familiar with that numerous issues might be related to errors in free space, other than from what I have comprised ad experienced previous to it's more likely to be originated somewhere else among the existing files.

I have comprised this WHS 2011 and SBS 2011 standard on the similar network. It the entire works except to have right of entry commencing from the WAN. My WHS 2011 takes preference so it has ports 80 and 443. I have managed to acquire swap over working on the SBS by utilizing port 4433 additional than not be able to acquire the Outlook Anywhere working. It seems that the port 443 is hard coded into Outlook. I am continuing to work to locate an explanation for this issue.

The WHS and SBS had acquired along just presently extremely well. I have comprised and had WHS v1 and v2 through SBS 2003 and SBS 2011 commencing from side to side no issues. In view of the fact that SBS comes through a immeasurably superior remote access explanation in Remote Web Workspace I might utilize that to facilitate in excess of WHS remote access for several day. If you tranquil necessitate acquiring to your WHS, you be able to do it via the SBS remote access. You be able to physically configure the local group policy to have encompassed your WHS and acquire updates commencing from WSUS on your SBS. I extremely recommend it and have completed it numerous times myself.

Most of them have SBS 2003, WHS v1 (2 machines) and WHS 2011 the entire on the similar network. No issues. The SBS 2003 Server acquires backed up to WHS v1 and the entire 64 bit systems are backed up by 2011. Backups are attractive flawless, other than a number of restores have comprised and been complicated additional than they by no means lost several data. I have a number of annoyances through 2011 (comparing it through v1) other than I determine to address them in detail later, almost certainly in an additional position. One is our fixed IP network which necessitates WHS to be position to the similar, and then altering it to automatic IP and DNS address for restores otherwise the system not be able to locate WHS an additional complaint is the way folders are viewed throughout restores. I prefer a Windows Explorer give the impression of being, other than 2011 gives a more web based appearance and except I am doing incredible wrong, I not be able to highlight selected files to restore have to choose them one at a time unless they are doing to full restore.