Thread: How to recover data from windows home server initialization failure

How to recover data from windows home server initialization failure

The HP Media Smart Server computer disk failed and utilizing the HP MSS Recovery Disc to re-install, the Windows Home Server might not get superior the data which contains not merely file data additional than in addition the backup data and the photo albums. The HP MSS Recovery Disc attached to the Server and launches the WHS Server Setup. This completes the arrangement your hardware task, other than throughout the Recovering your data task fails commencing from side to side error message the Windows Home Server initialization failed. If I had eliminated the data disks, this installation completes OK, additional than of course does not recover the data. As the Recovery Disc is pre PP1 I speculate if this might be the predicament and thought regarding how to install utilizing the PP1 Server Setup. This is not probable on the HP MediaSmart Server additional than might be probable on a normal system. Be supposed to it be probable to attempt data recovery utilizing a normal system and the WHS PP1 Evaluation disk commencing from side to side the HP MSS Data Disks mounted in this system, or are the backup data and photo album Data Disks merely recoverable on an HP MSS Server.

Re: How to recover data from windows home server initialization failure

I have comprised and been reading your position and they have been helpful to a position I am capable to observe the share folders beneath the DE folder. I not be able to open image files. I had acquired a message that to facilitate reads: "invalid Image." I am going to go ahead and shift to WHS 2011 commencing from WHS v1 subsequent to working with into hardware tribulations through my existing WHS V1 system. If I extract the entire of the data commencing from the entire of my disks and position it on an external hard drive, determine to I be capable to copy the data to Windows Home Server 2011.

If it is actually the database DE\shares on one of the data volumes and not the database which is Shares in the root of D:\ in the later folder the behavior might be standard, for the reason that there are merely located tombstones positioning to the real file location it might be, that to facilitate the files are damaged. Depends, what kind of hardware tribulations you had through the old server.

There are none. In anticipation of you go commencing from side to side OOBE on a system other than your server, given that to facilitate you have an OEM server and consequently do not have several method to attach keyboard, mouse and video the server has no Administrator password, additional than that in addition means that Remote Desktop is not enabled. Have you had attempted turning off several anitvirus I had to twist off my Norton anitvirus in organize to reinitialize my Acer H340. Commencing from side to side the anti-virus on me might not initialize the server. It had just hung. Subsequent to receiving the H340 up and running I twisted the anit-virus back on. It worked extremely well. Subsequent to that I had utilized the remote desktop to eliminate McAfee and a number of the other nonstandard submissions that Acer has attached. My H340 has been running extremely well ever since.

As for your issue, you might attempt an additional server recovery. Previous to doing so, though, I might suggest you eliminating the drives commencing from your server one at a time, connecting to an additional system, and working with chkdsk /r on each drive. I had actually do a full server recovery subsequent to each attempt. I had copied the DVD contents to the HDD so it merely takes regarding 10 minutes. The subsequently steps I am pondering attach to the COM server (CUBIC) physically and poke approximately commencing from Powershell or comparable connect a USB keyboard to the Acer and observe if I be able to reset the admin password blind [mimicking on an additional 2003 machine's console] connect the approximately-initialized WHS boot drive to an additional apparatus [w/ video output etc] and observe if I be able to finish setup from there, then position it back.

I have comprised the accurate similar symptoms, and have comprised and attempted numerous of the steps you describe. Not anything has worked, and it's actually starting to me off. This the entire started when one of my HDDs died. I pulled it, and attempted to do a restore on the system. It took me an extended time to stature out how to do it appropriately, other than finally I did. Then it took me at the same time as to acquire the connector reinstalled, and at present when I acquired to initialization it just presently fails out. Please, if you originated incredible or acquired it to work give me a hint.

I actually do not feel similar to having to purchase an additional license for WHS, and then anticipating that it determines to work on my headless H340. Too numerous weekends down the drain. I give up. The hardware is wonderful as far as I am worried, other than the OEM software sustain or maintain is just presently awful. You have to install Vail on the darn thing. Optimistically I be able to do it via USB + unattended inaugurate script (cfg.ini for WinPE), utilizing VMWare to reproduce steps "blindly" as desirable. I in addition ordered a debug board just in case I necessitate peeking at the display.