Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Batch script to read file

Windows Server Help

Old 13-04-2012

Windows Batch script to read file

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to read a text file line by line which will be like -

SQL,ABC,1
SQL,ABC1,2

Once i read the First line, I need to parse the line and get the value of all 3 comma seperated columns, On the basis of first value I Need to call SQLPLUS to execute script ABC. once this is done i need to read second line and so on.

Thanks

Old 28-04-2012

Re: Windows Batch script to read file

Hello first of all sorry for late reply but I donít think that it is possible to do this kind of thing in a Batch file, but yes it has an alternative you can do this very easily by using AutoHotkey which is a freeware. Where it can be essentially to use FileReadLine command and a FileAppend command which can help you out. And even you can use VBScript to solve your problem. If you insist on using a batch file, you should be able to integrate the batch file to call a VB script if needed.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Windows Server Help
Tags: