Thread: How to get biostar a55mh ethernet to work on Windows home server 2011

How to get biostar a55mh ethernet to work on Windows home server 2011

I am not be able to acquire this biostar A55MH Ethernet controller installed and the Smbus controller on Windows home server 2011. If that the driver in addition fails to install in addition the compatibility mode, you be supposed to invest a small amount of money to purchase a network adapter, which is sustained or maintained by Windows Server 2008 R2. These cheap onboard adapters are well-known for causing problem. The SM Bus Controller driver is frequently part of the chipset driver package. The manual that to facilitate came through your motherboard be supposed to tell you what drivers to install for every operating system, and in what order. Windows Home Server 2011 is the majority comparable to Windows 7 x64, so you be supposed to follow the instructions for that OS. Drivers determine to be on the disk that came through your motherboard, or be able to be downloaded from the link Bulldawg initially gave you.

Re: How to get biostar a55mh ethernet to work on Windows home server 2011

I was preparing a script to physically shift the driver into the c:\windows\inf position when I had to stop to generate an innovative task sequence for a dissimilar build. It was at the same time as building this task sequence that to facilitate I had originated the solution to the issue. In the Post Install - > Inject Drivers step of the Task succession, I had become aware of that it was implementing a command of type Inject Drivers through a selection profile of All Drivers and Install merely matching drivers commencing from the selection profile selected. I had altered this to run a command of type Run Command Line and particular that with the intention of it execute %Scriptroot%\ZTIdrivers.wsf. I become aware of that this was preferred in one of my other builds that to facilitate was working appropriately, so I thought I would give it a try. It worked. So to sum up, the explanation was to alter the type of command being executed in the Post Install - > Inject Drivers step of the task sequence. Subsequent to this change, the apparatus came up and sustained the task sequence through no further problems.

Re: How to get biostar a55mh ethernet to work on Windows home server 2011

I had recently checked the log file that with the intention to facilitate you suggested and originated that Windows is penetrating for the driver in c:\windows\inf, additional than the driver was not copied to that location throughout the build. The driver was copied to c:\drivers\enic6064_2.0.1.3 - so it exists on the apparatus other than windows is giving the impression of being in only that one position and is error out when it does not locate it. Several idea if it's possible to moreover acquire windows to search alternate positions for the driver or to script a copy into c:\windows\inf.