Thread: How to enable LSI MegaRaid 9240 on WHS 2011

How to enable LSI MegaRaid 9240 on WHS 2011

I had just recently created a home server PC run WHS 2011 for my backup server and I have some issue through my raid card which has 6 2TB HDDs in Raid 5 the windows devices manager constantly demonstrates this device not be able to start. The Code 10 on the raid card I tried mutually lenovo server driver and LSI representative windows 2008r2 driver neither of them work and I in addition reinstall the windows combine times, and endeavor to reinstall the drivers other than tranquil not work does that to facilitate means WHS 2011 not compatible through the LSI 9240 or is there anything I necessitate to do in order to create this raid card work.

Re: How to enable LSI MegaRaid 9240 on WHS 2011

In this I might expect that with the intention of the Windows Server 2008 R2 driver might work. Are you certain you injected the driver the accurate way, and at the accurate time throughout installation. The manual you received through the card be supposed to explain how to install drivers when installing an operating system. If you necessitate additional assistance by means of the card, you be able to wait for somebody who has one to reply, other than in app probability you determine to eventually have comprised to contact the manufacturer of the RAID HBA for support. Did this come out of a lenovo server, from time to time server oem's tie hardware to their systems. Might be the raid card has lenovo oem firmware and may merely run in a lenovo. You might endeavor to flash the firmware to an lsi branded card. I am experiencing the similar predicament through the LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i and an LGA 1155 motherboard beneath WHS 2011. I had just presently acquired the card replaced and the innovative card is experiencing the same problem.

I am facing the similar issue on a Lenovo ThinkServer TS430 through the LSI 9240-8i card as well. I have attempted the most recent drivers commencing from the LSi, Lenovo and even from Intel. None of them seem to run. Has anybody found an explanation to this issue. I have contacted mutually to both Lenovo and LSI and so far neither one has an explanation. The LSI says that to facilitate they do not sustain and maintain at least not yet WHS 2011 and they claimed that to facilitate the Intel driver be supposed to work and the Lenovo tech had by no means even heard of WHS 2011. Had several issue through the MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i and ASUS P8H67-M motherboard, flashing most recent firmware 20.10.1-0061 to the controller resolved this problem.

Well, I am be familiar with that to facilitate it is overkill for the system I am building, I am planning on using 4 vraptor 300gb that to facilitate I was having my own in a raid 0 array, I have comprised by no means utilized a dedicated raid card preceding to and I decided something through high sufficient throughput so I be capable to reuse it in a presently build when ssd are a diminutive additional reasonable. The raptors cap out might approximately 200 MB/s on an on board raid other than I have read around that to facilitate 400 to 500MB/s reads and writes are probable through the setup I have in mind. I am giving the impression of being at 1.2 TB of space by means of 400 MB/s. If I did desire to spend a lot additional I might go for ssd, other than through the drives I had previously own, this is a $330 overkill investment. I am at present giving the impression of being at an asus rampage III formula, and this is my way of thinking, I have read that to facilitate somebody might not acquire this exact LSI card to work on the X58A ud9, and the ud3 is a scaled down version or description, so it might almost certainly not work moreover. I have comprised and read that to facilitate the 9240-4i works on the asus rampage III extreme, and I with the purpose of even although it's a 9240-4i and I am planning on receiving a 9260-4i on the rampage III formula, the modus operandi is a scaled down extreme, and if one LSI works they all be supposed to work.

I do agree that the C300's determine to hands down smoke the raptors in each method. The merely reason I am going through the raptors is that to facilitate I had acquire them for free and have comprised and had them sitting on a shelf for regarding 8 months for the reason that I do not have a desktop to position them in yet. In addition I not be able to drop 599 on two drives each on top of building an complete system. I desire the LSI 9260 so that to facilitate in the future when the C300 are way less luxurious, I be able to switch in excess of to a small number of of those. To me the lsi 9260 is a superior price point to endeavor out a raid setup and tranquil have the capability to go to sata III ssd's when it is additional practical. What motherboard are you utilizing, and are there several issues through working with your raid on lsi and regular sata drives off of the motherboard controller.