Thread: How to connect a WHS console outside my lan

How to connect a WHS console outside my lan

My laptop has the WHS console which I had install onto it. Commencing from home I be able to have right of entry the console from work, whenever I endeavor to connect to the console it says this system not be able to connect to your home server. I had also checked your network correlation and make sure your home server is powered on. I do not understand why this is the case, as I be able to still access my home server via the domain make available to me. Anybody else seen this issue?

Re: How to connect a WHS console outside my lan

What you are observing is by design. The console which utilizes Remote Desktop to run on the server and display remotely on a client system, additional than Remote Desktop on WHS is merely facilitated for your home network. Commencing from outside your network, you have the Remote Access web site. If you utilize Internet Explorer or the IETab add-in for Firefox, despite the fact that you determine to tranquil have to connect through the IE on one occasion to acquire security set up, you determine to have complete functionality in the remote access web site, containing the capability to have WHS connect you through your home PCs by Remote Desktop, and the capability to run the console through the web site.

I used to routinely connect to my server commencing from side to side the IE when away from home so I be able to run Console remotely. I do every day backups of my server to a USB drive. It is not as suitable as having the automatic server backups of attached PCs, additional than is a trivial task. The Firefox is my browser of preference and it is a diminutive annoying to have to run IE to acquire Console to have right of entry to the server when away. Apparently the request to access your website or several additional website for that matter has to go through the remote router first. Otherwise, how might several systems in the remote LAN ever even acquire on the internet. It does not matter. If an additional position blocks outgoing traffic on 4125 which it is their right to do so, it might not work. Typically businesses to do that to facilitate to control what their employees be able to and not be able to do on the internet.

Do you mean approximating that my server name homeserver dot com it perceptibly being my home server's name I am not accurately sure what you are referring to. And by the way I am utilizing my linksys router I have to position a start and end point for the ports I desire to open, or for illustration be able to I just position the starting point at 443 and ending at 443 as an alternative of 443 to 444. Additional than what I am doing is just presently twice hitting it off on the windows home server console icon and subsequent to entering the password I do not remember the accurate error message I had acquired something like the sharing is not enabled, you are not connected to the network.

Are you saying you not be able to open the Console commencing from surrounded by your LAN i.e. a client in the similar household as the server. If that to facilitate is the case, please position the exact error message essentially position the exact error message no matter where you are attempting to open it from. I am capable to go to my server name home server just extremely well whether I am on my personal network or just presently a wifi hotspot. To clarify I not be able to open the windows home server console OR rdp into my home server outside of my individual network. I have no predicament opening it up on a system commencing from within my personal network. As far as the errors go: I might not accurately figure out how to utilize that site, particularly I might not figure out how to test the individual port 4125, additional than I had just twice checked and I pasted what I observe in my router page and I definitely have 4125 open.