Thread: When Trying SSTP VPN getting Certificate Error

When Trying SSTP VPN getting Certificate Error

I made some recent researches on my issue and I didn’t got any ultimate solution and made some setting up of a server so that it acts as a VPN server along with attempting to make use of the SSTP VPN as the connection point. though, every time I attempt to have a connection , I receive an "error 800b0109 A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider." So I don’t have enough idea regarding this one and so required your assistance.

re: When Trying SSTP VPN getting Certificate Error

I was also having similar issues and according to your issue, I suppose that it was the same in my case. so when I had information which I took from the guide, I made an creation of my first VPN connection as PPTP which works fine, I then got the certificate and then made an installation of it into "Trusted root certificates". I then modified my VPN Connector as I have on windows 7 operating system to SSTP and attempted to connect. Everything was fine and you could also try with that one.

In my concern I have till now didn’t attempted with SSTP, but I can say that you should be sure that the problem is concerning with the client or not. Or it could be also possible that it might be that you must trust the certificates from the client. Hope this hint helps you a lot.

I can get what you are saying but , in my case, I can tell the certificate is made up of two fractions: the first part is the root certificate which is looking something like 'domain netbios name-Server Name-CA' as well as the second part with the domain certificate which I need to tell you is generated through IIS which will tend to look somewhat like 'servername.domain.com'. I'm going to attempt manually by making an addition of both certificates to the client so that I am able to see if that will tend to help or not.

I have some hints which will help you and I should say that it was solved as I added a certificates snap-in into MMC which is under local computer account and not in the current user account. Then the issue was solved.To tell regarding the Windows 2003 it will tend to behave somewhat differently. I do not require to install the Root certificate into local computer store. They are not well-suited.

In my case, I even run a test on Windows server 2003 platform . I found that the chain checking process on 2003 endeavors to locate root CA as of from Local computer store along with current user store. however Windows server 2008 simply looks for Local computer store. This is a compatible concern.

Re: When Trying SSTP VPN getting Certificate Error

Your replies are great. which has solved my issue and it has came to me that a minor issue in that it pulls up an additional error which is "80072afc The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.". so I don’t have idea regarding this one as I think that it could not be a compatible issue.