Thread: Recovery from Raid controller/multiple drive failure

Recovery from Raid controller/multiple drive failure

I am using the Compaq DL380 and I am facing the problem with the Raid controller failure. The controller is hosting two Raids out of which first one if for the operating system and the second one is for the drives. I am not able to understand that what is the reson for this problem and so I am posting this over here. If someone of you is having any suggestion for me then please let me know that. Please reply ASAP.

re: Recovery from Raid controller/multiple drive failure

The first thing that I would suggest you is to check for the drives and ensure that they are electronically working well. If you are having the SCSI drives then it is recommended to make use of the Adaptec SCSI controller. Possibly an Adaptec 2930 might suit your requirements. They are low-priced and have been around for a bit so every bug are already resolved with this. Put the SCSI card inside a reliable computer and mount every disk individually. If the disks are SATA, PATA then make use of the standard interface port for mounting the drives.

If the drive is coming under the "Disk Manager" of the "Computer Management" then it is a quite safe assumption that the interface is unbroken and you are having some I / O flanked by the reader with controller. Other than this data DTI is having a free surface scanner which permits to look at each practice as well as map awful sectors on the disk. If two or more disks comes by means of bad sectors and that can be the reason that the RAID went down. RAID controllers are extremely sensitive over one disk by bad sectors otherwise slow reading. If the firmware RAID 5 controller could be the fault while two disks have bad sectors then the regulator degrades the matrix and shifts it off-line.

Yes, this can be the bad sector problem but if this is not then that is usually a controller problem. You may have got the power spike, or some type of memory fault but the truth of the matter is that barring those types of things the raid controller failed and will not accumulate the raid array.

I would like to tell you that the DTI Data is having the free diagnostic tool which can be used for the raid 5 and you can check if in fact there is a stale drive within the array.

If we try to find out the number of reasons for this then there are a lot of reasons that the RAID can go down. But most of the times the reason for this comes out that there is failure of one or more drives that lead to the controller failure.

RAID Data Recovery service is the technical help that simply will assist you salvaging lost data in all such RAID failure. RAID controller is essentially an interface that permits the communication between disks and host pc. It makes completely different disks to seem as one entity to the system. So as to scan or write data simultaneously to completely different disks, it uses parallel knowledge methods. This is often the explanation why data access speed in RAID arrays is calculated up to thirty five MB per second. However the failure of RAID controller compels the disk to not enable any data access and perform any operation.

Re: Recovery from Raid controller/multiple drive failure

There is one simple thing that you can try and that is to go to the controller and from there just rebuild the RAID.