Thread: Facing false ip address message on Windows server 2008

Facing false ip address message on Windows server 2008

At present, there is absolutely no IP address conflict, nor is there several MAC address conflict. At an assortment of times, the hardware address noted in the error belongs to one of three dissimilar apparatus on my network. None of the MAC addresses are the similar as the predicament guest server, or the Hyper-V host server. Frequently, I be able to go on the predicament server, to put out of action and then enable the Local Area Connection, and it is very well until the next reboot. No additional changes. Sometimes, that with the intention of does not work, other than if I manually change the IP address it works. I am facing false ip address message on Windows server 2008. I need some help regarding this above topic if any.

Re: Facing false ip address message on Windows server 2008

The problem server was position up to replace an additional Windows 2008 R2 DC through the similar roles that to facilitate was having the exact similar issue. I had gave up and demoted and eliminated the old server anticipating to acquire past this issue, additional than the innovative server exhibits the similar behavior. The three conflicting apparatus, by the method, are the entire Infocus Liteshow II projectors. I have encompassed additional Windows XP computers through DHCP reservations that by no means cause a conflict.

I have comprised and spent numerous hours on Google tech hold up endeavoring to locate a solution, additional than have not run in to anybody else that to facilitate seems to be having this predicament. So the issue seems only one of its kind to having a Windows 2008 R2 virtual DC through DHCP and DNS along commencing from side to side having Infocus Liteshow II apparatus obtaining IP addresses through DHCP reservations. If, subsequent to this long discourse anybody has several suggestions on how to superior troubleshoot, or actually has a explanation, I would be most grateful.

In the advanced tab there are no IP addresses scheduled apart commencing from the 192.168.10.5 address I had physically entered. When the server reports a contradictory IP address, IPCONFIG determine to demonstrate an APIPA address of 169.x.x.x as Preferred and the 192.168.10.5 address as Duplicate. The x.x.x.x address commencing from the event log, as far as I be able to locate out, might be the result of a MAC address conflict. On the other hand, in my case there is no MAC address conflict.

If the predicament occur merely through the Infocus gear, do you have acquire several intelligent switch to isolate them in a VLAN and NAT the traffic back to them via the router . Similar to a VLAN in the 192.168.250.x, and you be able to create your router respond for the DHCP in that with the intention of to facilitate VLAN. You had just might have to create some static entry in your DNS if some user necessitates connecting to them.

In the VLAN setup, the harder is if your infocus gear is extend in your network. In most horrible case if the entire the gear are in the similar place, just presently or immediately utilize a linksys router and double NAT them. It might create almost the similar job as a VLAN. Or just utilize soho router if the gear is spread in your network.

Yes it might be superior having a diminutive soho router than a number of gear that to facilitate and make your DC not responding ok. If you necessitate to have right of entry them (infocus), through the router setup you basically create a default route rule in your head router if it sustain or maintain ICMP redirect. The route 192.168.250.x (lan for an infocus gear) - > 192.168.10.x (router IP) additional than that setup necessitate a superior soho router.

Isolating the Infocus projectors commencing from the server might approximately certainly prevent this predicament, and I determine to almost certainly end up doing that. Additional than I tranquil desire to be familiar with why the server is reporting an IP address conflict when there is not one. On an occasion when I was researching this a number of months ago I had originated an article that to facilitate mentioned a predicament through a DHCP server reporting an IP address conflict connecting itself and another apparatus, and it had something to do through the other device being in a power saving mode.

It is the merely vague memory I have encompassed of the article, and not be able to locate a bookmark or locate it the entire in excess off again on the net. It is annoying. I would actually like to fix the underlying predicament if possible, additional than your solution determines to work and let me shift on to bigger and superior tribulations if no other solution comes regarding.

Well, you might create some wireshark, and catch the default packet that to facilitate do create the server respond similar to that. Perhaps a possible fix commencing from Microsoft subsequent to might be possible, other than I imagine that at first the infocus gear be supposed to be updated for their firmware, incredible not ok in their network stack. I do not be familiar with if you open a support case through them perhaps they be familiar with regarding the problem.

There is merely one physical server through DNS and DHCP installed. It is 32 bit Windows 2008 SP2 (not R2), and it does not ever have encompassed this predicament. I am inclined to agree that with the intention of being a VM is a contributing factor, in view of the fact that two clean installs of R2 VMs through DHCP and DNS mutually had the similar predicament. Additional than it is not just presently being a VM as I have additional R2 VMs not DHCP or DNS that with the intention of do not acquire the IP address conflict.