Thread: Can I use windows server 2008 64 bit fax server on windows xp 32bit

Can I use windows server 2008 64 bit fax server on windows xp 32bit

I have comprised and been attempting to acquire this to work for months at present through no luck. Server is 2008 64bit. The entire clients are Windows XP sp3 32bit. Mutually 32bit and 64bit drivers are installed on server 32bit drivers were loaded commencing from a vista disk prnms002.inf. When you choose or send fax nothing occurs. When you print to fax printer commencing from an app no matter what happens additional than the console that pulls up shows ready. Can I use windows server 2008 64 bit fax server on windows xp 32bit.

Re: Can I use windows server 2008 64 bit fax server on windows xp 32bit

Commencing from your description, I understand that to facilitate the Windows XP clients are not capable to send a fax to a Windows Server 2008 server commencing from side to side the Fax Server Role installed. This issue occurs for the reason that the Microsoft Shared Fax driver that to facilitate ships through Server 2008 determine to not work through Windows XP. The SBS servers are x64 for the reason that of Exchange so they do not even have encompassed the x86 drivers to install. You be able to install the x86 Fax driver for Vista additional than this determine to not run for Windows XP.

In this you have to manually install the drivers onto the Server. The Vista clients determine to not acquire this driver via Pont and Print. This is not actually an issue, on the other hand, for the reason that the Vista clients determine to basically utilize the version that to facilitate ships through the OS. The following steps involve editing the Registry on the Windows Server. Always create a backup of the registry previous to creating several changes. For this you have to stop the Spooler. After the stopping the spooler it determines to prompt you to stop the Fax Service as well. Permit the Fax service to stop. After that you have to obtain the following files commencing from a Windows Server 2003 SP2 system setup as a Fax Server.
    1. FXSAPI.DLL
    2. FXSDRV.DLL
    3. FXSRES.DLL
    4. FXSTIFF.DLL
    5. FXSUI.DLL
    6. FXSWZRD.DLL

Subsequent to that you have to position these files into the following directory. After that you have to restart the Spooler. You be supposed to at present be capable to send a Fax to the Windows Server 2008 system.

I did not desire to mess through the server’s registry so I had endeavoring the alternative 2 through the exception that with the intention of I do not have encompassed the server 2003 so I copied the files commencing from server 2008. Did the whole thing else as shown additional than still no luck.

I have comprised an almost identical predicament as the innovative poster, on the other hand, I am needing to inaugurate the shared fax on a 32-bit Windows terminal server. Subsequent the steps on top of (moreover the alternative 1 or alternative 2) on the 64-bit Windows 2008 fax server do not result in success.

The Additional drivers section of the fax sharing tab tranquil demonstrates the x86 box unchecked. Attempting to make sure it prompts for a driver install, additional than expects a .inf file as opposed to the .DLL files referenced and make available in the generous connection of your position. The similar circumstances are true if applying the commands to the 32-bit Windows 2003 server that to facilitate is the client in my case.

Most of them have encompassed the SBS 2008 64-bit working. Server says 32 and 64 bit fax drivers are obtainable on the server. There's a fax server service working with. The entire the clients are 32bit Windows XP Home or 32bit XP Professional. This alternative was utilized on all of them, and they the entire have service pack 3 installed. Mutually the 32-bit Windows XP Professional machines fax extremely well through the server.

The majority of the 32-bit XP home installs fax from side to side the server very well, other than three of them will not. Says the all faxes are engaged. Those three by no means worked. I reinstalled 32-bit Windows XP commencing from scratch on one of the apparatus to observe if it was the Fax service installed prior to SP2 predicament. That was not it. It tranquil determines to not connect. The three that to facilitate do not work on the Fax service have right of entry to the entire other characteristics of the server, containing applications that have shared sql access.

The majority of the 32-bit XP home install fax from side to side the server very well, other than three of them will not. Says the all faxes are engaged. Those three by no means worked. I reinstalled 32-bit Windows XP commencing from scratch on one of the apparatus to observe if it was the Fax service installed prior to SP2 predicament. That was not it. It tranquil determines to not connect. The three that to facilitate do not work on the Fax service have right of entry to the entire other characteristics of the server, containing applications that have shared sql access.

I had this too. On the other hand, I had acquired round it by stopping the spooler, to put out of action the service and then rebooting the system. Subsequent to a reboot the files copied in excess of very well. I then position the spooler service to Automatic and restarted it, installed the fax you determine to necessitate a Windows XP SP3 disc not the I386 folder as it requirements the files and hey presto the whole thing worked.