Thread: Network looks ON in windows server 2003 standard edition

Network looks ON in windows server 2003 standard edition

I am facing a type of urgent circumstances regarding my domain controller through an operating system windows server 2003 customary edition service pack 2. I be familiar with that to facilitate this issue is not hardware associated in view of the fact that I have encompassed and changed 3 hardware appliances and at present it is hosted in a virtual apparatus other than the problem tranquil remains. At inconsistent times of the day (2-4) the network drops and the server is down. The whole thing else seems to be working just presently extremely well through the server apart commencing from the fact that its losing the network.

Re: Network looks ON in windows server 2003 standard edition

The entire critical to bring up to date are installed and the network card has the most recent drivers installed too. There is no ip divergence in this domain and each ip is statically configured. I have encompassed and changed 5 cables utilizing CAT5 enhanced and CAT6 through no results. Give pleasure to assist me if you have several idea of what it might be related.

For this you have to try disabling offloading on the NIC and observe if that assists you. It seems similar to its previously disabled by defaulting. The TCP/IP Offload you have to put out of action when you experience the network outtage. You have to check it does it assist to restart the server. Be supposed to determine if its O/S or network issue.

I have encompassed the TCP/IP Offload (disable) commencing from the NIC additional than I am not quite convinced what you mean by putting out of action the offload at the Operating System; as far as the event logs prior to the loss most of them had an event regarding the master browser. The additional servers/Clients of the similar domain were forcing an election in order to become master browsers themselves.

The reason I did not mention this event was for the reason that subsequent to a detailed research on Microsoft's hold up Website, I had originated a KB patch stating that to facilitate it might fix this issue; on the other hand when I tried to apply this patch it came up through an error stating that to facilitate I have encompassed previously installed newer versions or description updates than this patch and it was not helpful at the entire. The option was not yes or No additional than you have to simply hit on "Ok".

In order to get rid of the chance that this might be the case, I had disabled commencing from the entire the additional workstations/servers the Computer Browser service. I do not be familiar with what might be the result of it, additional than I was looking desperately for a fast solution/patch previous to I start troubleshooting the predicament. In several case, subsequent to disabling the service commencing from the entire stations in that domain the incident tranquil occurs without several relevant event.

Initially, please let us be familiar with how the network correlation gets lost unexpectedly. Is there several symptoms you observed. Be able to you ping the server at the challenging time. Will the issue acquire resolved by disable/enable NIC card. Commencing from side to side your description, I take for granted that to facilitate the server is not hang on at the problematic time and the issue acquire resolved by reboot. In organize to troubleshoot; please endeavor to install the most recent patches of the OS.

Normally speaking, network disconnection is frequently caused by below. If you are switching the configuration does not match NIC card arrangement. For illustration, the duplex settings on switch and NIC card. The NIC card driver problem or NIC card firmware tribulations. Or it might be due to the Personal firewall or personal antivirus problem.