Thread: L2TP VPN Error 809 & 789 with Windows 7

L2TP VPN Error 809 & 789 with Windows 7

I have a windows 2008 server using which i am trying to open up an L2TP VPN connection on windows 7 x64 client. After connecting to the server correctly with the help of the windows vista a 32 bit client machine and a 32 bit windows xp client. But whenever i try the same thing with windows 7 i am unable to get it work. Please help in this matter. i am stucked please provide me a helpful solution.

Re: L2TP VPN Error 809 & 789 with Windows 7

It appears as there is something wrong with your firewall settings and hence i would suggest you check your firewall settings if your firewall settings does not work then it might be because of the preshared key. So the best thing here will be to check or verify the pre-shared key. i would suggest you yo use the L2TP VPN connection to connect to a IPSEC concentrator. This should fix the issue.

The connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be established because the remote server is not responding. This usually occurs when one network device (eg, firewall, NAT, router, etc..) Between the computer and the remote server is not configured to allow VPN connections. Contact your network administrator or Internet Service Provider to identify the device causing the problem.

I tested for connection to the VPN of the company with customers Windows7. Explain a little infrastructure we have:
    • The server that performs the functions of a Windows 2003 VPN with RRAS. We use VPN with L2TP and user certificates.
    • Customers with Windows XP SP3 are fine, but Windows 7 is not working. What is the problem with windows 7 , any idea how can i get rid of this issue.

Can anyone can help me?

The Internet Key Exchange IKE is a protocol for negotiating encryption keys, it is normal use. The certificate requires L2TP + IPSec is just the machine. The user enters username and password in the configuration used. I would look at the Win7 that the certificate has the machine will be "reliable." In the machine itself, the certificates console * machine * check the properties to see if everything is fine, as you may not have installed the certificate from the root certification authority, and would consider unreliable. I will be with little access to the Internet for a few days ... :-(

First a clarification, to use L2TP + IPSec certificates are those who need the machines and not users. And do not put you describe what the problem is and put what is the error that I doubt anyone can

It's true. Not properly explained to me before. Let's see, the use is IKE authentication L2TP. The ruling gives me the Windows 7 team is this:

Id.20227

Error Code: 809
    Error Description: 809: The network connection Between your computer and the VPN server not could be ESTABLISHED Because the remote server is not responding. This Could Be Because one of the network devices (eg, firewalls, NAT, routers, etc.) Between your computer and the remote server is not configured to allow VPN connections. Please contact your Administrator or your service provider device to determine Which May Be Causing the problem.