Thread: Need an antivirus for Server 2008 64bits

Need an antivirus for Server 2008 64bits

Can anyone guide me a good antivirus for Windows Server Web 2008. I am using a x64 edition of the same on my network. There are more than 50 workstations working on the same. I am looking for a single 64bit antivirus. I am planing something different for workstations. All data, user login, etc is configured is the server. So it is most important for me to secure it first and then I must go for other solutions.

There are ample of antivirus available. You can go for any. If you need free protection then AVG is the best. And if you need a powerful server security then going for antivirus like Norton is one of the best option. Norton is resource intensive but yet very powerful in dealing with number of security problems. There is ESET and various tools. For server stuff I will advice you to take advice from some expert. But any antivirus which you will go for will make your system work slow.

Re: Need an antivirus for Server 2008 64bits

There are hundreds of review website that offer you clear information on the best security tool you are looking for. 64bit system is higher is performance compared to 32bit. Trend Micro is one that I had seen at my office. It is configured on the server and it is capable of scanning the entire network. Many antivirus comes with entire network package. It is not only installed on the server but on the workstations also and it is managed from the server only.

Try Sophos. I found it very light. I am using it on a very small network, but the features are quiet useful, and it has a friendly user interface. What you can do is start with some trail software. You can test your system with them and then go with major upgrades. Trail tool offers you full feature that a paid version has but for limited time. You can test and if you find it helpful then you can go for the same.

Re: Need an antivirus for Server 2008 64bits

For server level protection there are many different things you can try. First of all you need something that works properly with Windows Server. That means it must not block or create issue with any internal server utility. Many antivirus providers offers a entirely different edition for Windows Server. They have integrated option to check for higher level of threats and on the same hand they are optimized to put minimum impact on system resources.