Thread: Cox offer of McAffee security suite

Cox offer of McAffee security suite

I am running 2 computers on a home network which is wireless based and has Windows XP with Service Pack 3 installed on it. I am also using Avast antivirus and ZoneAlarm Free for malware checks in my computer along with Ad-Aware and Spybot for spyware checks. I am using a high speed internet access with the help of a router which is using COX. Recently COX was giving a free download of McAfee Security Suite to its customer. So I was thinking of changing my current security software to Mcafee suite? Can anyone recommend whether I should go with this new antivirus or not?

Malke Guest

Re: Cox offer of McAffee security suite

I would say, dont go with Mcafee which is very annoying. If you will install it then it will just hog your computer process because it is very CPU intensive and also not that great in support if you compare it with Avast or AVG.

I would disagree with the above comment. McAfee Antivirus continues to set the standard in the field and offers, unlike most of its competitors, a Firewall from the basic version. I am telling you this because for some testing purpose I have been using it for over a year now and it is working absolutely fine on my computer. McAfee can also reduce the risk of infection related to research on the internet.

McAfee Antivirus is enriched with some new features. The principal of this tool is for detecting botnets. Specifically, the module that is supposed to block all connections to these networks and prevent the sending of data from your computer. There is also the introduction of an analysis from the software installation. The antivirus / antispyware offers everything that one is entitled to expect: signature database with automatic update, heuristic and behavioral analysis. Just like Norton Antivirus, and now many other competitors, McAfee also offers complete analysis for local search for the reputation of files in the cloud, from the information sent by users.