Thread: Creating Site Server Signing Certificate Template

Creating Site Server Signing Certificate Template

I am using Windows 2008 and trying to create a certificate by referring from the below link:

Creating and Issuing the Site Server Signing Certificate Template on the Certification Authority
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...KMK_siteserver

I have got some problem following the steps because my server is standard edition and I have done an upgrade to enterprise over standard without reinstalling the operating system. I am not able to see the certificate template which I have just created even after upgrading to enterprise and redoing the template. Can anyone please help.

RE: Creating Site Server Signing Certificate Template

Could you please tell us if you get any type of error message like "The template information on the CA cannot be modified at this time". If you are getting the same error then you will have to check the security on the certificate template whether the Authenticated users has the READ permission on the template or not. It is is not there then you can manually try to add this and check how does it works.

I am not getting any type of error, its just that template that was made is not listed in the list. When I right click on certificate templates then new certificate template certificate is created. As per the manual, I have to check the template that I created, but it cannot be found there. The only reason that I found was because of upgrading to standard version of Windows to an enterprise one.

This problem could occur if the certificate enrollment request is using a recently-created certificate template. When a new template is added to the CA, the HKEY_CURRENT_USER cache is immediately updated but the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE cache is not immediately updated. The HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE cache is updated in the next 15 minutes if the CA or the domain controller are on the same computer, and in the next 10 minutes if the CA or the domain controller are in a distributed configuration. To solve this problem go to this link - http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;281260