Thread: IAS and RAS server certificate enrollment

IAS and RAS server certificate enrollment

For securing the Wlans that use Certificate Services I am using the microsoft published document and I am having some problem getting the certificate that is published to the IAS servers. I have already done all the configurations a few times now but the certs are not being issuing to the IAS servers for Wlan authorization. Also I not getting any errors in the application log on the IAS servers or the CA server.

I think that your IAS servers dont need any kind of Wlan cert if I am understanding your question properly. The IAS servers only need a IAS machine cert so that it could identify them as valid IAS servers and thus allow them to verify the Wlan certs for the clients. It is the client machines that should autoenroll WLAN certs and not your machine.

Re: Child domain laptops autoenrolling user certs but not computer certs

Have you tried to enable autoenrollment GPO for the pc you are using. It should be a different GPO setting that for users. Also could you please tell us what are the permissions on the computer certificate template. Have you tried to give the child domain or the Domain computers group read, enroll and autoenroll permissions. Also you can try to run rsop.msc on the pc to check the effective GPO settings.

I have checked that the permissions and GPO are proper but when I ran rsop.msc then it gave another GPO that was over riding the computer auto enrollment setting. So it seems that this particular GPO setting is problematic. But once it is set properly, the issue seems to be fixed for now.