Thread: AVG 8 problems

AVG 8 problems

I have recently upgraded the AVG 7.5 version to 8 version and I am really irritated of this new upgraded version because it has all the new dialog boxes that I dont like, so I have uninstalled the latest one and reinstalled the old 7.5 version. I also dont like the AVG firewall at all so I have just turned it of but when ever I restart the pc, it turns on again? When I went to check for upgrades in AVG then it will give me a long list of priority updates and optional updates as well and I dont know if I click on those then what will it do? Any ideas?

RE: AVG 8 problems

I dont recall that there was something called as AVG firewall? Can you please describe in details what was that program called? I think that it might be a Resident Shield that you are referring to which is normally the antivirus that scans as files download and then try to avoid downloading viruses as such. Hope this helps.

RE: AVG 8 problems

Acutally, what I meant to say was that I have already downloaded and installed all the available updates from the AVG site but still that does not upgrade to AVG 8 version. What could be the issue here?

First of all you have to go into Add/Remove Programs and remove completely AVG 7.5. After that you have to reboot the computer and then if you have still got AVG antispyware 7.5 installed then remove it as well and then restart the pc again. After that go to the AVG site and download the AVG 8.0 version antivirus and then save it to your desktop. When it gets downloaded on the desktopthen double click on the .exe file and then accept all teh notices start to install itself. Once it is completely installed then update all its virus definitions to the latest and then do a quick scan to check for some virus on your pc and if you caught one then immediately remove it.