Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

iTunes.exe - Bad Image - ksuser.dll is not a valid Windows image

Windows Security

Old 13-04-2008

iTunes.exe - Bad Image - ksuser.dll is not a valid Windows image

I am trying to open itunes on my computer but it wont launch at all and give me the following error message:

DDE Server Window: iTunes.exe - Bad Image The application or DLL
C:\windows\system32\ksuser.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

Can anyone tell me how do I fix this problem. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 13-04-2008

Re: iTunes.exe - Bad Image - ksuser.dll is not a valid Windows image

Could you please tell us which version of Windows Operating System are you using? Also, does this problem started all of a sudden or is it new issue or an ongoing problem that you are telling us? Also, let us know what antivirus application ot security software you have installed on your machine? Have you also installed any third party firewall on your computer as well?
Old 13-04-2008

Re: iTunes.exe - Bad Image - ksuser.dll is not a valid Windows ima

The problem with itunes started all of a sudden from last week or so. I am having AVG antivirus installed on my machine and I am also using the Windows Defender. I have also made sure that all currect security updates for the antivirus and Windows are up to date. I also regularly scan my pc with AVG and Windows Firewall is always on as well. There is no extra firewall software that I have installed on my machine. I only added some extra RAM on my motherboard and am not sure if that is the problem or not and I am on Windows XP by the way.
Old 14-04-2008

Can you try to drag the QTCF.dll file from the Windows folder and then drag it in the below location onto the desktop:
  • C:\Windows\SysWOW64
  • C:\Windows\system
  • C:\Windows\System32
So after getting rid of this files from the windows folder, does the itunes now launch properly on your computer, just check it and let us know.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Tags: , ,