Thread: Sophos Antivirus- "could not contact server"

Sophos Antivirus- "could not contact server"

I have a desktop running with Windows XP and a Laptop with Vista. About a month ago I bought Sophos Antivirus as a security program to install on both of this system. So far they were working fine. But today I noticed that the Sophos icon in the system tray has turned RED with X mark on it. When I tried clicking the icon, it just give me an option to UPDATE and wont open.

I thought it could be because I haven’t updated it since a longtime. So I clicked on update but I get this error “could not contact server”. Surprisingly this happened together on both of my systems. Any idea?

Re: Sophos Antivirus- "could not contact server"

This just cannot be your computers problem because you faced this error on two different computers with two different operating systems. So there is no problem with Windows.

Hence the very first thing you need to do call Sophos support guys and see what is wrong from their end.

Re: Sophos Antivirus- "could not contact server"

I doubt there might have been some problem in server settings because I’m also using the same since two years but never have faced any such problem. What you can do here is right click the icon in system tray and click on “Configure Updating”. Now check the Sophos documentation and configure the settings again.