Thread: How to remove Vundo/Virtumonde trojan

How to remove Vundo/Virtumonde trojan

I need some help to get rid of a trojan virus in my system. It is some Virtumonde. I had found some information on the same on web and it looks to be a danger threads. I am using Windows Vista home Premium. My antivirus has detected this and still shows me warning. I scanned several time, but it looks the virus is quiet stubborn and will get out of my system so easily. What should I do to fix the issue. Thanks.

Try to scan in your system in under safe mode and then check back. The virus basically lies in Temp folder. You can manually delete it from there. It is recommended that you must scan your system with a good antivirus software or else it will not work. Take your data backup first and then check back.

I was also had the same virus on my system and it looks that it is not easy to get rid of the same. My antivirus keeps on showing me the warning of this virus. I tried safe mode cleaning and number of different things but it looks a bit complicated to handle this. The last option that left is to format my computer completely and then check back.

Try to run some other antivirus. As the trojan has infested your system I am sure it will not be easy to get rid of that completely. Safe Mode if fails to work then you can try locating the virus files manually and getting rid of them. But there are chances that the virus will not allow you to delete those file due to low file permission. Better format your system and install fresh Windows and then check back again.