Thread: XP won't let me install Eset Nod32 antivirus

XP won't let me install Eset Nod32 antivirus

I am already logged in as administrator and am trying to install the Eset Nod32 antivirus on my system but it is not letting me to install it and just giving some error message that says "Eset service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services". It is the same error that I was getting when installing Windows Defender. Any ideas?

Re: XP won't let me install Eset Nod32 antivirus

You should have given us some more information about your system so that we could be more precise in the solution. In anycase if you are not able to install any kind of antivirus or anti-spyware software on your computer then it could be because of some virus of malware that would be already present in your system. The best thing that you could do is use System Restore to a time back when everything was working fine before and then install any antivirus software.

Have you tried installing the Nod32 antivirus program in Safe Mode and checked if that installs fine? For going into safe mode, restart your computer and then click on F8 continously till you get options to select Safe Mode to start the computer with different options. Then login to the safe mode and then try to install the antivirus.

Re: XP won't let me install Eset Nod32 antivirus

You can try to solve the setup errors by using the SubInACL tool to repair file and registry permissions. There are some steps that can be used to download and run the SubInACL tool to repair file and registry permissions that are often needed to successfully install programs on Windows, particularly for MSI-based (Windows Installer) setups, that you can follow from here - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/arc...04/739820.aspx

RE: XP won't let me install Eset Nod32 antivirus

After running the sysclean in safe mode for the whole night, today when I went to check my computer, then I was able to install the antivirus and anti-spyware software without any problems. Thank you very much for the great help.