Thread: How to get rid of fast browser search

How to get rid of fast browser search

I accidentally installed Fast Browser Search on my web browser. It is not working at all. It is a kind of a search bar and it appears everytime when I turn on my system. I am bit annoyed with the same. I am looking for some option to remove it. Does anyone know how to do that. Also a number of time it redirects me to different websites. I am already on a slow network and it is a bit waste of time.

Re: Fast Browser Search - My Web Tattoo

I had the same problem on my computer. I did a lot of research and finally found the company's phone number. I spoke to a customer service rep and they were actually very helpful. They helped me get the program off of my computer very easily. Their number is 1-800-831-8940 I hope this helps.

Even I am also having a similar issue. I do not understand how this got installed in my system. But there is some weird issue. After it appears, whatever new site I open, it takes to some shopping website. This happens around 2 to 3 times whenever I open a new website. Even while checking emails the shopping site popups on the screen. I had re-installed my web browser and it has gone. My antivirus does not detect it as any kind of threat.

It is just some kind of homepage. But if you are redirected to some other website then the problem lies with a redirection virus. The antivirus might not be able to do anything in that. It is just a kind of adware thing. You can use some tools like malwarebytes to scan your system. It is freely available. Re-installing the browser removes any internal associated plugin which is installed by the same.

Check properly there is some kind of toolbar installed in your web browser. You can remove that. There is no need to uninstall the complete web browser. To remove from the browser you can see a blue arrow on the tool bar at the extreme right side. Click on that and you will get a small context menu. In that you can see uninstall. Click on that and it will be removed. Second if you cannot find any of those option then go in Control Panel > Add Remove program and click on Fast Browser Search. Remove it. It is like an tiny applications which comes with uinstaller. You can get rid of the same easily.

Re: Fast Browser Search - My Web Tattoo

Go to add-ons section of your web browser. There you can find the it installed as plugin. You have to remove that also and also change your home page. You can disable that. A number of time when you install some free applications you get the toolbar with that. And at the time of setup the provide a check box to install or to avoid it. Redirection is entirely different thing and I am bit sure that it is not cause by fast web search.

It is recommended that with existing antivirus you must install a good antimalware or antispyware software. This makes your job much more easier. It is not at all complicated to get those tools. Such toolbar are provided for free and they add their home page to your browser. It is really annoying. You can change those settings by clicking on Reset in IE settings. That is the best way to get all the old setting back.